AV Receiver HDMI Out x 2 - Sound in 2nd Room

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All - Really need some help from you experts.

I have set up a home cinema system in my lounge and have had our kitchen TV pre-wired with an HDMI cable from the back of my Marantz receiver (SR6006) in the lounge. All works great in my lounge area and am enjoying 5.1 with Sky, Blu Ray hooked up to may TV. Problem I have is that the 2nd HDMI Output which is serving my kitchen TV does not pass through the audio (the sound only comes out of the lounge 5.1 speaker system) which is no use when you want to watch TV in the kitchen. I was wondering if there is any way of forcing the receiver to always just pass through video and importantly the audio to the 2nd HDMI output so that it reaches the screen and speakers within my kitchen TV.

Is this clear?

Many thanks

JB.

A

Anonymous

JB

I do have a couple of questions in regards to the amplifier configuration. Do you have the HDMI audio set to AMP or TV (on the Marantz)? If you have it set for AMP it will prioritize the speakers of your system and will NOT pass audio out to the connected TV. If its set to TV it will pass the audio signal to the connected TV set. (you can find this on page 109 in your Marantz manual)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts