AV receiver for HDMI switching

Zag

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I am thinking of joining the home cinema club (at long last!) but something I am struggling to get my head around is using the AV receiver to do all the switching. I understand that one cable runs from the AV receiver to the TV and that all other devices are plugged into the AV receiver which then acts as a switching box. At current I have everything running into the TV which has meant I have customised the display settings (brightness, contrast etc) for each type of device such as bluray and games consoles. If they all run into the TV along one cable does this mean that I will have to keep adjusting the settings for each type of device?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
You could always get a bluray player with twin HDMI out. The only source that has to be connected via an AV Receiver using HDMI is a bluray player (or HDDVD player) as optical/digi-coax lacks the necessary bandwidth for HD audio. Alternatively a player with multi-channel analogue output will do the same job. Therefore you could continue to have individually calibrated settings for each source. Otherwise, you'll have to do what the rest of us do i.e. compromise.

Zag

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure if the AV amp had a method of controlling the picture settings built in but the compromise sounds fine - i'll just have to become more familiar with the various scene modes I have on the TV :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts