Av receiver for B&W dm600 S3 5.1 setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

i have the old b&w speakers the dm600 series 3. my setup is dm600 s3 for rear and dm602 s3 for front speaker and lcr60 s3 for center and i am looking for a new av receiver my budget is £500 and i will be using this for 2d,3d blu ray movies thanks

A

Anonymous

i accidentally made two post can some one please delete the other same post thanks

MrKay00 said:
Hi,

i have the old b&w speakers the dm600 series 3. my setup is dm600 s3 for rear and dm602 s3 for front speaker and lcr60 s3 for center and i am looking for a new av receiver my budget is £500 and i will be using this for 2d,3d blu ray movies thanks

Hi MrKay00

I know the 600 Series speakers as i used to sell these.

At a budget of £500 Yamaha's RX-V671 will do the trick nicely :)

Btw, have you already got a receiver and sub? If so what make and models are they?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I have a very old av receiver its a kenwood model krf v5050d i have no sub at the moment but will be buying one of the same model if i can find one. does the Yamaha's RX-V671 have 1.4 hdmi as well thanks

MrKay00 said:
Hi,

thanks for your reply. I have a very old av receiver its a kenwood model krf v5050d i have no sub at the moment but will be buying one of the same model if i can find one. does the Yamaha's RX-V671 have 1.4 hdmi as well thanks

Hi MrKay00

Thanks for your reply and your welcome.

You'll find the RX-V671 to be a worthwhile upgrade and its overall tonal presentation suits 600 Series speakers just nicely :) Yes the RX-V671 has 1.4 specification HDMI's.

Btw, the ASW675 sub woofer will be the icing on the cake. There is an ASW675 on Ebay.UK at the moment.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi MUSICRAFT,

do you think i should sell my current setup and get the B&W MT-30 would they be better then the setup i have now thanks

MrKay00 said:
Hi MUSICRAFT,

do you think i should sell my current setup and get the B&W MT-30 would they be better then the setup i have now thanks

Hi MrKay00

No. I'll recommend that you carry on using your speakers for a while yet as these 600 series speakers are some of the finest which B&W have produced and are also capable of higher levels of performance then the MT-30. Adding a ASW675 will be the icing on the cake :)

Btw, is £500 your limit for an AV amp? The reason i ask is because as good the RX-V671and other amps are at this level however your speakers can benefit further from even higher calibre of amplification. Something worth bearing in mind.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi,

thanks for your reply again. I wanted to stay in the £500 mark but can go over. how much is it and what make and model are they thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi hortensio,

Thanks for your reply. But i need the 3d. am using a hd 720p projector that has 3d but will be upgrading to a 1080p 3d projector soon. is the Denon avr 2311 better then the Yamaha's RX-V671 thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi,

can some one also please help me with what cables i should get for my speakers at the moment am using them cheap richer sounds cambridge audio symphony 100 or 200 ones not sure which one it was thanks

MrKay00 said:
Hi,

thanks for your reply again. I wanted to stay in the £500 mark but can go over. how much is it and what make and model are they thanks

Hi mrkay00

Your welcome.

Staying close to the £500 mark Yamaha's new Aventage RX-A810 (RRP £850) is worth a look. As good as the RX-V671 is however the RX-A810's overall quality of power and performance are much better which your 600 series will easily benefit from :) Alternatively the recently discontinued RX-V1067, RX-V2067 and RX-V3067 are also worth considering as you may still find these amps at very good prices.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

MrKay00 said:
Hi,

can some one also please help me with what cables i should get for my speakers at the moment am using them cheap richer sounds cambridge audio symphony 100 or 200 ones not sure which one it was thanks

Hi MrKay00

I'll recommend that you should carry on using your existing speaker cables.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi MUSICRAFT,

Thank you very much for your replys again. i will be getting the Yamaha receiver gonna look in to the models u have given me thanks again

A

Anonymous

Hi MUSICRAFT,

i have found a Yamaha's RX-V1067 for £499 should i buy this over the Yamaha's RX-V671. thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts