AV inputs??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently got a new av reciever (onkyo tx-sr 605) and have attached all the devices (ps3, skyhd,) except my dvd player via hdmi. As there are only 2 hdmi inputs i wa wondering what would be be the best way to connect my dvd player. It is a samsung dvd hd870 so ideally needs to be connected by its hdmi for it to upscale. I have therefore attched it to my tv (sony kdl32 d3000) which has 3 hdmi sockets and just use it with the tv's speakers. i tried linking a cheap optical lead to the onky but the only optical input available was the cd (although the other one wasnt being used its the game/tv one which is being used by the ps3 hdmi input) and when i selected cd ..the volume was really low (i needed to crank volume right up just to hear it) Basically is there a better way of connecting this? have i missed something??

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Surely the receiver can take sound from your PS3 via HDMI, which will save you one optical input. Just go into the set-up menu of the PS3 and reconfigure it to deliver digital audio via HDMI.

Try using an electrical digital connection between the DVD player and receiver. Use the player's audio set-up menu

to select digital out bitstream, MPEG-2 digital out bitstream, DTS on, dynamic compression off, PCM downsampling off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts