AV cabinets with Doors to stop little fingers pressing buttons.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Guy's i'm trying to find a wooden Cabinet with class doors to house kit the biggest been a Pioneer VSX 2014 receiver which is 465 MM deep. I also have a SKY HD box, Xbox360, Pioneer DV 868AVI, Pioneer pdp R04e media box to keep away from my 17 month old and her fixation with pressing buttons (gained from me I think) I just can’t find anything suitable.

Please please help.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your post

I have a 50" pioneer plasma i think i might mount it on the wall.

i'm looking for a class fronted cab so i don't need to open the doors to control via IR the devices.

it looks like i'm going to have to find a carpenter to build one.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Here's a beaut that'll sort you right out. The bottom shelf has a depth of 600mm, so plenty of room for your Pioneer and, personally, I think it's a looker. I hope you agree!

It's the 'Ultimate AV Cabinet', when you go to the page:

http://www.creative-audio.co.uk/STANDS_ULTIMATE.htm

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
I may be wrong but I think Jason may be looking for the same thing that I am - effectively a single unit width hi-fi cabinet to store all the kit with glass front door. I can tell you that they are generally thin on the ground and the only one I ever found which may fit the bill was a quadraspire cabinet which you can see here

It seems to cost about £400 in most places but the biggest problem is that it doesn't have enough room to fit a lot of AV receivers and it doesn't have enough shelves for my needs. You may be stuck with the same options as me; build one yourself, get someone to build it to your specs or wait until sticky little fingers are old enough to trust around expensive kit! I am going to enquire with Hifi Racks. I've no experience of them myself but have read good things about them on this forum. None of their stuff has doors as standard but they offer a design service so it's a matter of the final cost, I suppose!

A

Anonymous

I think you should mount your TV on the wall away from reach (and flying toys) I had to do that to preserve the life expectancy of my Plasma.

A

Anonymous

Try this place ive had a cabinet made to my specs in the wood i wanted i had a dark oak rustic finish and it brilliant its a large av cabinet 70 inch wide with 2 shelves at 8 inchs internal height takes all my gear nicely its all hand made

http://www.eatsleeplive.co.uk/tvhi-fi5.html

Regards Tony

nickers1969

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi there,

I had exactly the same problem, little girl of 20 months who has inherited my fascination with technology!!!

I bought this:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00033864

I took the back off to improve air circulation and as one side was out of view against a wall, drilled some holes to aid air flow.

Then i took out my jigsaw and cut a square section in the bottom shelf to allow my sub to sit on the floor while still housed within.

All my gear is in there and TV on top.

Only drawback is that it's relatively flimsy (compared to bespoke) and the TV is a little high.

But it certainly keeps sticky fingers away!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts