av and 2 channel amp for music

Bell

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I currently use a Pioneer SC LX85 to power the sound from my Audiolab 8200cd. Would I get a better sound from a dedicated amp attached to the Pioneer? If yes, what amp would you suggest and how would you connest it?

tomlinscote

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Conventional wisdom would say yes use a dedicated stereo amp for music duties, are you actuially unhappy with the sound of the 85??

Can't suggest any amps as there are so many different ones to choose etc but to connect you can use an amp which has a home theatre bypass or power amp setting and connect this to the front channel pre-outs of the 85 then run the set up again the front channels of the av set up will then go through the stereo amp. Obviously you connect the front channel seakers to the stereo amp. Then when you just want to listen to the CD player you just use the stereo amp. and when you want to listen to movies you use both amps.

If you tell people what kind of sound you like they will come up with lots of amp selections for you :)

Tommo

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I've not long added an integrated stereo amp and the difference in 2channel was massive,great improvement in sound quality and control of the speakers.As to what amp would work best for your speakers i cannot say i'm affraid(no doubt you will soon get a good few suggestions),but the addition is well worth the money.

Bell

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Tommo,

I can't say I am unhappy. I just think what if? I'm not sure what sound I like, I just know when music really hits the mark for me. Usually with acoustic guitar, piano and vocal but I also love the sound of electronic music and everything else.

Raymond

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Bell said:
I'm not sure what sound I like, I just know when music really hits the mark for me.

Boring answer from me here, but in that case, you really need to get out and listen to as much kit as you can in your price range so you get an idea of what the differences are and which amp allows the music to really hit you. It's all personal, but I loved the sense of space and air, as well as the phenomenal soundstaging, that I find Arcam amps seem to give electronic music.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts