Audiophile RS600 - NOT Monitor Audios...

T

the record spot

Some poor fool has just bid £190 for a pair of "Audiophile" RS600 floorstanders which bear a very similar look to the MA RS6. Now, I have no idea who Audiophile are, but they look like the kind of thing guys in white vans stop you in the street loaded up with. Really hope these things are dark horses, as that's about the only thing separating the buyer from what's possibly going to become an expensive mistake. Not least when a pair of KEF Q35.2s just went for £127...£200 for that pile of tat...please somebody tell me I'm wrong here...?

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:.please somebody tell me I'm wrong here...?

Dont think you are RS, they have scam written all over them. Cant find any reputable info about these speakers.

EDITED BY MODS

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
shooter69:the record spot:.please somebody tell me I'm wrong here...?

Dont think you are RS, they have scam written all over them. Cant find any reputable info about these speakers.

Where is the scam? Monitor Audio is not mentioned. The seller has 100% feedback of over 140 transactions and it's pick up only.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
It's a difficult one. The seller may well have 100% feedback....you are aware how easy it is to create your own feedback?? means very little. As far as the listing name goes, it's meant to show up on searches, for instance if you do a search for RS under home audio looking for Monitor Audio then it'll show up. I agree that any buyer should be more vigilant but for those who don't know much about the home audio/cinema market, this could appear to be a bargain.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
grdunn123:It's a difficult one. The seller may well have 100% feedback....you are aware how easy it is to create your own feedback?? means very little. As far as the listing name goes, it's meant to show up on searches, for instance if you do a search for RS under home audio looking for Monitor Audio then it'll show up. I agree that any buyer should be more vigilant but for those who don't know much about the home audio/cinema market, this could appear to be a bargain.

I've been ebaying for years. I still don't think he's doing anything wrong. I've seen people sell "1080p hdmi chord cable", and they are not selling a Chord cable, that's misleading.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I know what you're saying but it's the insinuations which are wrong. You wouldn't be allowed to advertise like that on television/radio under the current legislation. There's definitely a 'buyer beware' warning with these sellers.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
And the fact he/she is removing all blame by stating "they came from a house i recently purchased".

The sentence gives the impression they're not there speakers also that they're are a respectable citizen.

Would touch 'em with a barge pole.

T

the record spot

Gerrardasnails:shooter69:the record spot:.please somebody tell me I'm wrong here...?

Where is the scam? Monitor Audio is not mentioned. The seller has 100% feedback of over 140 transactions and it's pick up only.

Not sure what you're issue is, they resemble the name of a substantially more expensive pair, and rather like those brands you get in the far east that mimic Sony (Sany) or Aiwa (Awia) and the like, this appears to come for the same hat. Hey, you should be pleased, I'm not plugging some "inferior" cable this time, lol. Point is, it too closely mimics the MA speaker and the unsuspecting buyer might fall for it, not the savvy hifi aware one. Trust that's clearer for you now.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
the record spot:Some poor fool has just bid £190 for a pair of "Audiophile" RS600 floorstanders which bear a very similar look to the MA RS6. Now, I have no idea who Audiophile are, but they look like the kind of thing guys in white vans stop you in the street loaded up with. Really hope these things are dark horses, as that's about the only thing separating the buyer from what's possibly going to become an expensive mistake. Not least when a pair of KEF Q35.2s just went for £127...£200 for that pile of tat...please somebody tell me I'm wrong here...?

You are right RS. Go Google, type in Audiophile RS600 and go to the Wikipedia link. It's frightening just how stupid some people can be!!! See for yourself.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
the record spot:Gerrardasnails:shooter69:the record spot:.please somebody tell me I'm wrong here...?

Not sure what you're issue is, they resemble the name of a substantially more expensive pair, and rather like those brands you get in the far east that mimic Sony (Sany) or Aiwa (Awia) and the like, this appears to come for the same hat. Hey, you should be pleased, I'm not plugging some "inferior" cable this time, lol. Point is, it too closely mimics the MA speaker and the unsuspecting buyer might fall for it, not the savvy hifi aware one. Trust that's clearer for you now.

You were clear before Chebby. I just don't agree with you. If someone buys Audiophiles RS600 speakers instead of Monitor Audio RS6 speakers, they are stupid and have not been duped.

T

the record spot

No, people can make mistakes, and for good reasons. And yes, they'd have been duped. Sorry you can't see that but that's not my issue to deal with.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I have to wonder if it's the same few pairs that are constantly doing the rounds after people buy them and realise how awful they are...then bung them back on eBay!

Sad really, as for a quarter of the price they could get something like a pair of MS20i's or similar that would walk all over them. Granted that they don't look quite as "bling", but...

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
he got a bargain! someone is asking £500 for these on bristol gumtree.
emotion-9.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:You were clear before Chebby. I just don't agree with you. If someone buys Audiophiles RS600 speakers instead of Monitor Audio RS6 speakers, they are stupid and have not been duped.

How did I get into this thread?

I have not posted anything here (until now) and yet you still want to disagree with me!

I think you sort of just proved Record Spot's point. You were easily 'duped' into thinking he was Chebby
emotion-2.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
chebby:
Gerrardasnails:You were clear before Chebby. I just don't agree with you. If someone buys Audiophiles RS600 speakers instead of Monitor Audio RS6 speakers, they are stupid and have not been duped.

How did I get into this thread?

I have not posted anything here (until now) and yet you still want to disagree with me!

I think you sort of just proved Record Spot's point. You were easily 'duped' into thinking he was Chebby
emotion-2.gif

Lol, sorry Chebby.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts