Audiophile in-ear headphones + PANDORA

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Yeah I know, a bit of an oxymoron... but I'm looking for a set of high quality *portable* headphones to plug into an mp3 player. While I love the sound out of the big clunky muff type headphones they are just too big for this purpose (plus I already have a pair senheisers for that).

I remember hearing about some phones you can custom mould to your ear, removing a lot of noise from around you. Dunno any more about them though but they sound interesting.

At the moment I will be using my long in the tooth iRiver pmp-120, but as soon as it becomes available I shall be investing in this baby: Pandora because it's just awesome looking. Looks to me like an mp3 player I can play tekken 3 on while listening to my music.

WHF!! you must review the pandora when it becomes available, it will be far and away the most powerful handheld gaming console around, the size of a DS but able to emulate a PS one fully and a whole host of other consoles. Not only that it's open source and a lot of games/software already exist that will be a doddle to port.

A

Anonymous

For some reason my link didn't work:

It's just http://openpandora.org

A

Anonymous

Westone UM 2's are what I use. They can have custom ear peices made to fit your ears if required, but I find the standard buds just fine. I must admit, they are not the most amazing headphone for the money in terms of sound quality (Cheaper if you buy from the USA like I did) but they are so comfortable and fit beautifully in the ear. They are perfect to wear all day long, cancel out ambient noise and are great for sports activity and wearing under my motorcyle helmet. For me, they are perfect and I used them everyday!

Check out Westones web site and see what you think.

A

Anonymous

I can't remember where I bought them now, but I use Goldring's GX-200 in-canal earphones. They're supplied with a set of 'Comply' ear-plugs, which mould to the shape of your ear canal.

More details http://www.goldring.co.uk/headphones/gx200.htm though they don't have pictures with the Comply buds.

I love them, both for the Comply buds, and their sound. Some reviewers say they're too top heavy, which I can understand, but I enjoy their incredible separation. Something, in my experience, Goldring are good at. I think I got mine for £30 too!

Strongly recommended, I just hope you can find a supplier if you want them! Also, the ear-buds should be replaced monthly or when they're dirty, but it took some searching to find replacements. I think I got mine from eBay - job lot of 30 ear buds for £15 I think.

TRENDING THREADS