Audiolab monoblock auto on

Tackleberry1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this. I have a pair of 8200mb monoblocks connected to the a 8200a, using the 8200a as a preamp. Due to there being no trigger link on 8200a I have the mono blocks set on high frequency. When they are in standby mode waiting for a signal (8200a still on), when a signal is sent only the right monoblock is activated and the left one stays in standby. Sometimes they both come on when I switch the 8200a on, but not all the time.

any feedback? Thanks

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
You can switch the monos to low sensivity trigger or to always on and turn off with seperat mains socket when not needed.Also check RCA cable.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Tackleberry1 said:
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this. I have a pair of 8200mb monoblocks connected to the a 8200a, using the 8200a as a preamp. Due to there being no trigger link on 8200a I have the mono blocks set on high frequency. When they are in standby mode waiting for a signal (8200a still on), when a signal is sent only the right monoblock is activated and the left one stays in standby. Sometimes they both come on when I switch the 8200a on, but not all the time.

any feedback? Thanks

I know that others had the same problem with this mono's the auto mode is a little bitt tricky .

Tackleberry1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I tried the different pre outs, different RCA cables, etc, even changing speakers channels. The same problem persists. Only one of them switches on when in auto switching mode. I don't have any trigger outputs from the 8200a, so the 12v trigger switch optionis out. I also tried linking the trigger switch from the monoblock that gets activated when there's a signal, but that seems to stop any signal going to either speaker, so that doesn't work. It means I have to have then switched to always on. Audiolab advise that thy should be switched to always on permanently. Switching then off at the powersocket, back of the unit, etc is not an option due to accessibility.

Anyone else with some experience/feedback. Am I missing something, or do I need to get this fixed?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts