Audiolab 8200cd vs Nad 545 BEE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
System: Nad C320 BEE, Quad 11L, Philips CD732.
I know that the 8200cd is a better option when I upgrade my amp and speakers and much more practical since it works as a DAC. But which player is going to actually sound better with the current system? (I'm also thinking about obtaining a used Creek CD50 Mk2). By the way, I have placed the Quads in two separate small tables. Is using speaker stands going to make significant difference? 
This is my first post, you can see I'm a novice. Thanks very much!

A

Anonymous

Yes speaker stands will make a huge difference to the sound of your speakers. The soundstyle z2's would be a good addition to your system and cost about £70.

And in relation to the cd question, I would say that the Audiolab would beat the nad on sound and alround connectivity and future upgrades.

Then when you have a bit more money, change the amp for something higher up the food chain and sit back and enjoy. Im not saying your amp i s bad at all, but if you went for the sudiolab, then it would be the waek point in the chain.

Go book a demo somewhere and have a listen, as we all like our sounds differently and one mans pleasure is another mans pain.

PS welcome to the forum, I am sure you will have a good time on here and give it a few years, be tweaking your system just like the rest of us ;-)

estraven79:System: Nad C320 BEE, Quad 11L, Philips CD732.

I know that the 8200cd is a better option when I upgrade my amp and speakers and much more practical since it works as a DAC. But which player is going to actually sound better with the current system? (I'm also thinking about obtaining a used Creek CD50 Mk2). By the way, I have placed the Quads in two separate small tables. Is using speaker stands going to make significant difference?

This is my first post, you can see I'm a novice. Thanks very much!

Welcome...

Concur with potboyslim: It's also worth noting that in the recent WHFI awards the Audiolab outgunned the Cyrus, and as a consequence, you may need a better amp to make the most of the Audiolab. If you're keeping your Nad for the foreseeable, then it might be worth looking at something in the region of an ex-dem Arcam CD17, Marantz.... if you want to move away from Nad. But as mentioned, go and have a listen and compare it for yourself.

Good luck, pp

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
These are fair comments, but its always worth considering that if you upgrade a little further to the 8200CD now (which isn't going too far to be mismatched), you won't need to upgrade again if you upgrade the other components in the near future..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts