Audiolab 8000CDQ vs ?

Nintendologist

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I hope someone with experience of this unit can shed some light on my situation. I'm trying to downscale my HiFi setup, and am toying with the idea of a CD/pre/DAC unit, of which I am zero'ing in on an Audiolab 8000CDQ just because I have owned and loved the sound of Audiolab in the past.

My plan is to use a 8000CDQ in conjunction with a power amp (possibly a Cairn K series I have sitting in a box doing nothing) for a source for listening to CDs, as well as allowing me to plug in my Sonos Connect via a digital input, and my Pro-Ject deck (via an external phono stage). I guess no one is going to have this exact setup to comment, but what I'm really after is a good indication if the DAC inside the CDQ can do as good a job as my Arcam rDac I'm currently using with my Arcam Solo unit.

The reason for the change of amplifier/source combination (if you were wondering!) is that I've acquired a pair of Monitor Audio GX50s and I think the Solo isn't getting the most out of them.

Of course, if anyone can suggest an all-in-one unit to do the job, I'm open to that and can arrange a demo, but at the moment there are just too many options and I'm hoping to narrow it down so a demo is maybe an A/B comparison of kit (instead of A/B/C/D,D with E, D with A, C with D etc!)

Any takers?

TRENDING THREADS