Audiolab 8000A and 8000S. Bi amping I think?

jasonovic

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi Im new to the forum and a bit green so I need your help. I have recently purchased an Audiolab 8000S integrated to accompany my 8000A integrated because I under stand if I use both amps I will get better sound.

Can someone tell me how I connect them together ideally I want to use the 8000S as the pre amp (as it has a remote control for the volume and input source etc) and the 8000A as the power amp? Do you then wire the speakers to the 8000S? sorry to sound so green! Thanks. I am using some Rega RS1 speakers.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
jasonovic said:
Hi Im new to the forum and a bit green so I need your help. I have recently purchased an Audiolab 8000S integrated to accompany my 8000A integrated because I under stand if I use both amps I will get better sound.

Can someone tell me how I connect them together ideally I want to use the 8000S as the pre amp (as it has a remote control for the volume and input source etc) and the 8000A as the power amp? Do you then wire the speakers to the 8000S? sorry to sound so green! Thanks. I am using some Rega RS1 speakers.
Hi Jasonovic You need to connect the 8000s pre outs with phonoleads to the 8000a inputs use the speaker out put on your 8000s to connect to the tweeters in your speakers you must remove the links on the back of your speakers and use your 8000a speaker out puts to drive the bass mid speakers make sure you remove the links other wise you will blow both amps not good

jasonovic

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi Thanks for this. I dont think the Rega RS1's are bi wireable so they only have 2 terminals on the back. Does this mean I have wasted my money buying another amp?

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
jasonovic said:
Hi Thanks for this. I dont think the Rega RS1's are bi wireable so they only have 2 terminals on the back. Does this mean I have wasted my money buying another amp?
I think you may have don did you pay much for it ? if not you could keep it for a second system or some thing I used to run an Audiolab 8000a+ an Audiolab 8000px into a pair of mission 752s it sounded very good biamping worked for me

jasonovic

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Sorry Im confused are pre and power amps are purley for bi amping then? Does the sound not improve using them both without bi amping?

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I see what you mean yes you could use the 8000a as a pre amp and the 8000s as the power amp or the other way around but I dont think you would gain anything you could try to find a couple of 8000m mono blocks or an 8000p or px and use your 8000s or 8000a as a pre amp while I think about it give it a try 8000a as pre and then 8000s as pre I am sure you will notice if there is any improvment let us know what you find

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts