Audio only blu-ray

chunky70

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Having just bought my first blu-ray player (philips bdp3000) i was thinking if there are any audio only discs out there? I listen to a lot of different stuff,from classical to death metal! I suppose metal of any kind won`t be coming to blu-ray audio any time soon! I`m quit excited by this format for hi-res audio.

A

Anonymous

I wish there were, but I have not seen any. Bluray video discs support the same 8 channels of lossless 192kHz/24-bit audio though.

I wish music companies start taking advantage of this. We're still using CDs and S/PDIF. If military tech evolved as slowly as our hobby, they would've used Airco biplanes in WW2 (or the Americans would have flown Mustangs in Vietnam).

Video formats have moved to HD, yet audio is regressing to.... downloadable MP3s?

michael hoy

chunky70:Having just bought my first blu-ray player (philips bdp3000) i was thinking if there are any audio only discs out there? I listen to a lot of different stuff,from classical to death metal! I suppose metal of any kind won`t be coming to blu-ray audio any time soon! I`m quit excited by this format for hi-res audio.

Hi,

Have a look here, not a large selection.

I have purchased one or two of these and the sound is excellent, you may have to purchase from amazon.com if you want anything, or email monster, the site only accepts internal sale (USA).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts