Audio Hifi to Home Cinema

pjboag

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Its that age old problem...my current hifi consists of

Rega Plannar 3

Marantz CD63 KI Sig

Audiolab A8000 all around 13 years old sited on an Atacama Equinox rack

Monitor Audio (Gold 3 - i think) Floorstanders.

I also have a Pioneer Home Cinema in a Box set up, Toshiba LCD TV and Sky+HD.

So with a bit of money (around £1000) to spend I'm considering replacing all the above with an HD-audio home cinema set up. I have a dedicated 'play room' (although its slowly being over run by my two year old!) which is about 4 x 5 m (thr room not my two year old!). How much do i have to spend to keep decent quality hifi through an av set up? At the moment I've got a PS3 for Blu ray duties but could stretch to an new Blu ray player on top the amount above. Can i add centre and rears to my front floorstanders? e.g MA Radius range, or better with a new complete set (style speakers preferably)? Can I achieve this in my budget?

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I would try to complete the set of MA speakers - you could get Gold surrounds on ebay. That way, you'll achieve a match and get better sound quality than if you start from scratch. The PS3 will do perfectly well for now, too. That way, you are free to invest the bulk of your money on the best amp you can afford.

I agree that music might not sound as good, but if you want a new system for TV and movies, you'll get a lot of pleasure out of your new set-up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts