Audio from home PC to Pioneer SC-LX72

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've recently started streaming music from my home PC via the Home Media Gallery feature on my 'LX72 and the difference in sound quality between that and my Meridian 200/203 CD player is remarkable.

The streamed sound has so much more depth and feeling to it compared to the CD player. I know that the Meridian is old now but it was an expensive player in it's day; also the cableing from the CD player is about £200 of QED whereas the computer is linked with a ten metre ethernet wire from Maplin.

Sorry for the rambling but my question is...

Would a brand new CD player in the £1500 to £2000 range (probably another Meridian) be a better bet than a dedicated music server? Any comments or suggestions would be very welcome.

A

Anonymous

A music server won't get you an increase in quality necessarily: it all depends on the format you're ripping in on your PC. Once the file is ripped, it doesn't matter whether you serve that from a PC, NAS or dedicated server, its all just a string of bits.

michael hoy

Hi,

I currently stream my music from a HP server running Vortexbox (Linux based software), it rips the CD for you to FLAC and will also convert the FLAC to MP3 at the same time.

I have to say the quality is very good and has saved me buying a CD player, the LX72 will play the FLAC file without any problems.

A

Anonymous

My LX72 doesnt list my songs that are in Flac format. I have à few mp3s and some wavs, they list and play fine. Any ideas why this is and how to solve it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts