Audio Analogue

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone heard any of their CD's or amps? They dont get mentioned on here much. Acoustica in Chester handle them and I am planning to go on Friday (no work!) Any recommendations? I will replace my CD player first looking for something smooth. This shop also has Naim, Arcam and Rega.
Paul

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately never heard their products but they look well made and seem to have a good reputation. If I remember correctly in one of HifiChoices dealer systems the brands entry amplifier and cd player was used to good effect.

Must have a listen if I get a chance.

regards

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes I think that was the Crescendo? Mixed review in What hi-Fi though from what I can remember. Will try and have a listen. No valves in this enrry level model. Made in Italy not the far east which is unusual these days.

They do look gorgeous. The main experience is with Crescendo amp, which in certain areas is wonderful.

The Crescendo is wonderful with vocals. This comes from a slightly 'lush' presentation, that gives voices great texture. TBH, it doesn't do an awful lot wrong, certainly in isolation, anyone buying would not be disappointed.

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Macspur said:
Audio Analogue is a very good make... which models will you be looking at? Any idea of your budget?

Mac

Dont know what they stock in the range to be honest. Will have a good day hopefully. Kids at school ,wife at work. Train into Chester and a nice moring listening to some new gear
smiley-cool.gif

Incidentially Richer sound in Chester have moved literally next door to Acoustica!

Paul

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
They do look gorgeous. The main experience is with Crescendo amp, which in certain areas is wonderful.

The Crescendo is wonderful with vocals. This comes from a slightly 'lush' presentation, that gives voices great texture. TBH, it doesn't do an awful lot wrong, certainly in isolation, anyone buying would not be disappointed.

Not sure whether they will drive my x12's effectively . I would have to demo with them first. They do make lovely stuff though! Any reliability issues? Alfa make great looking cars but.........

Paul

paulsue38 said:
plastic penguin said:

Not sure whether they will drive my x12's effectively . I would have to demo with them first. They do make lovely stuff though! Any reliability issues? Alfa make great looking cars but.........

Paul

It does what it says on the tin. It very sophisticated looking and sounding, but not sure it'll have enough get-up-and-go in comparison with your Kandy.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
paulsue38 said:
Macspur said:
Audio Analogue is a very good make... which models will you be looking at? Any idea of your budget?

Mac

Dont know what they stock in the range to be honest. Will have a good day hopefully. Kids at school ,wife at work. Train into Chester and a nice moring listening to some new gear
smiley-cool.gif

Incidentially Richer sound in Chester have moved literally next door to Acoustica!

Paul

Ideal, let us know how you get on.

If you're concerned about the match with your speakers and you like the AA try and get a home demo too.

Mac

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Great CD players.

I have had the original Paganini, 24/192 Paganini, Bellini Pre and Donizetti Power.

Sitting on my rack at the moment is a Rossini VT Rev 2 Valve hybrid and a Maestro from about 2001.

The Rossini is very analogue sounding, supurb mid range and vocals. Ignore the What Hi Fi review, yes the controls are a pain, the remote is plastic BUT it,s a great sounding player.

Maestro again is a great player, warm sound with wicked bass, weighs 16 kilos that gives some idea of build quality, two transformers, twin dacs.

Also you can use it as a stand alone DAC, i run my SBT through it with great results.

Both were bought 2cnd hand, the Rossini boxed mint cost me £600 which was a bargain.

The factory are good to deal with , Rossini went back to Italy in September last year new mech and cost a very reasonable 120 Euros.

Recommended.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Alears said:
'Alfa make great looking cars but.............'

......... Therefore anything else that comes out of Italy is immediately suspect?
So do Fiat, two Pandas since 06 and theres a Punto Evo 10 Plate sitting out side as i type.

No problems with any of them, i think a bulb or two, thats it.

Nothing wrong with Italian cars or there Hi FI.

seasiders rock said:
Alears said:

......... Therefore anything else that comes out of Italy is immediately suspect?
So do Fiat, two Pandas since 06 and theres a Punto Evo 10 Plate sitting out side as i type.

Had my Alfa 156 since 2007 and no problems mechanically, but does have a fetish for lightbulbs.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
seasiders rock said:
Alears said:

Had my Alfa 156 since 2007 and no problems mechanically, but does have a fetish for lightbulbs.

Yes...same on my 159! :)

plastic penguin said:
seasiders rock said:
Alears said:

Ooer! Sounds like it should get together with my sister-in-laws Volvo, it has the same fettish. :)

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
seasiders rock said:
Great CD players.

I have had the original Paganini, 24/192 Paganini, Bellini Pre and Donizetti Power.

Sitting on my rack at the moment is a Rossini VT Rev 2 Valve hybrid and a Maestro from about 2001.

The Rossini is very analogue sounding, supurb mid range and vocals. Ignore the What Hi Fi review, yes the controls are a pain, the remote is plastic BUT it,s a great sounding player.

Maestro again is a great player, warm sound with wicked bass, weighs 16 kilos that gives some idea of build quality, two transformers, twin dacs.

Also you can use it as a stand alone DAC, i run my SBT through it with great results.

Both were bought 2cnd hand, the Rossini boxed mint cost me £600 which was a bargain.

The factory are good to deal with , Rossini went back to Italy in September last year new mech and cost a very reasonable 120 Euros.

Recommended

Many thanks for taking the trouble to provide such a detiled reponse, it sounds like it is a brand that will suit my tastes

Best wishes

Paul

gregvds

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I bought nearly 10 years ago second hand a Puccini SE no remote. The amp is very musical, and despite its age, so so design and lack of finish refinement, I keep it, for to upgrade it or better it, I would have to shell around 2500 to 3000€...

Source on this is currently a Paganini 24/192. Sound is perfect for me. Build quality is very good. Two problems I had: dead display, and transport tray that would move only if loaded with a CD. Have a friend close it empty, and you can begin to pray, play with the main switch, the open/close, and the steel pin to try and have it open again.

Before this Paganini 24/192, I had the former one. I had to replace the transport twice on that one. Very good sound, but decidedly, there is something AA does do wrong with transport. They should adopt a Rega top loading design and get rid of these tray problems.

Currently, I dream about Naim Nait XS and CD5XS (at first, I searched only CD player affordable and without a tray, and Rega and Naim popped out of the mist)...

dolama

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi experts out there!

i am loking for an integrated amplifier to drive my brand new B&W CM9.

which of the Audio Analogue amplifiers would fit my speakers?

thanks for your help!

dolama

TRENDING THREADS