Audio Affair

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
L00k_C said:
Dear ALL

I was VERY ALARMED finding this post earlier today as AUDIO AFFAIR is one of the sites I am monitoring in order to buy audio products.

Unfortunately, as I live in Cyprus, I do not have a lot of options when it comes to audio products, let alone auditioning them. That is why I find such forums quite helpful.... I know that 99.9% of you would say to hear everything before buing unfortunately this is not often the case...

As I am planning in buing a new HIFI system (speakers, amp, pre, stramer etc) I would like to know from all of youfrom your experience which ONLINE sites we can trust and which (if you know) post internationnaly.....

If you do not want to post here please PM to provide you with my email.....

Any suggestions will be welcomed... :cheers:

I ordered some Atacama HMS1.1 stands from Audio Affair in November, they delivered exactly on the day they said and informed me by email every step of the way. Just so you know, although others have had problems which are well documented here, they are clearly a genuine business and I had no complaints at all.

If your question is "What is your experience of online hifi stores and which ones ship internationally?", then that is a different thread and you should start one accordingly. Hardly seems fair that this Audio Affair thread gets flagged up when you have never had any dealings with them.

A

Anonymous

Audio Affair are still behaving this way into 2013.

Ordered three Onkyo HiFi separates and Q Acoustics Speakers for my new place on 28th January, was told I'd get info in an email and they expected stock in next week despite the website saying it was available.

As you might have guessed, no email, and no info provided, yet AA had taken the deposit for my hifi which my partner and I decided to buy on finance given the price and our own expenses at this time of year.

Multiple phonecalls to the 0844 number later, and I am simply being fobbed off with promises of callbacks and excuses about Onkyo products being delayed, which would have been fine had the info be provided in a timely manner and some effort had been made to keep me informed. But no, every little (wrong) piece of info I got from AA had to be coerced out of thier dim staff.

Eventually they could sense I was ready to jack it in and offered free speaker cable to make up for the delay, and after escalating to a manager, I was eventually promised that delivery would be organized for a part-shipping of my order on Monday (minus the tuner which was nowhere to be found) for delivery on Tuesday. Tuesday came and went with no delivery, and again, they had failed to complete even the most basic of requests even after a manager had intervened. Yet another apology was offered (admin error, this time), with the best they could doing being promising to deliver it Wednesday (today). I asked for it to be couriered for evening deliver but this was refused, apparently as it was unacceptable for me to expect Audio Affair to pay out of thier own pocket for thier own mistakes.

After an animated debate about this, again at my own expense, we were eventually offered 'up to £80' of store credit - the slap in the face is that they apparently couldn't find any movement in the 'great price' were were offered originally, and the store credit offered was taken out of the discount they had since offered against the items I originally ordered. therefore I could have cancelled, re-ordered and got the discount anyway? laughable, really.

The conclusion is I did not get my hifi, AA didn't get my business and I ended up with £30 extra on my mobile phone bill trying to sort it out.

I detailed the problem in an email to the manager concerned and Alex, the owner, and this has also been ignored. Disgraceful customer service is what led us to cancel, rather than the delay, and we have already specced it up on another online retailer site for cheaper.

Could not recommend Audio Affair if they were the last online retailer on the planet. I'd rather buy blind off eBay that put myself through thier frankly garbage customer experience again.

AVOID.

Hakim

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Audio affair is the worst rubbish out there. I wouldn't dare to buy anything from them after this. See the attached conversation. After 20 days i still have no clue where My delivery is. And Audio Affair keeps bull****ing me. Audio Affair sucks!

25/2/2013 Audio Affair:

Good dayThank you for you recent order with us, sometimes when our customers pay via Credit or Debit card from abroad the system we use is unable to check the address provided. In instances such as this procedure states that we require further identification from you in order to ascertain that the goods are going to the correct person.

I will need a photograph/scan of a photo identification and a photograph/scan of utility bill with your name and the billing address on, the one you provided with your order.I trust you understand why we do this and thank you in advance for you cooperation. -

Kind regards, Richard

Sales AdvisorAudio Affair

26/02/2013 Me:

Hello, i have attached a scan of my photo identification and a scan of a utility bill. Please let me know as soon as possible when the shipment is on its way or if i u need anything else.

Best regards

26/2 Audio Affair:

Thank you for your cooperation I am pleased to say I have now cleared your order.

Kind regards,RichardSales AdvisorAudio Affair

04/03/2013 Me:

Hello! I ordered a onkyo reciever and Focal speakers from you on sunday 24/2 with the ordernumber: xxxx I still have not recieved either the reciever and speakers or a confirmation that it has been sent.

I have spoken to Richard via mail, and he hasn't answered me if or when my delivery will reach me. See our mailconversation below. I also phoned you directly and spoke to a Rob who said he would look in to the matter and then mail me an answer not more than 2 hours after the call.

This was on friday, and i still havn't got a reply. Its now 8 days since i made the order, paid you and i still have no clue about what happend to my money or my order. Is this what you call service? Its said clearly on your webbpage that delivery took 5-7 days.

If i dont get a reply and knowledge of the whereabouts of my money or my delivery by tomorrow, i will be forced to take legal action against you. I really hope this is all a big misstake from your side and that you will contact me right away so that we could clear this matter out.

Kind regards

04/03/2013 Audio affair:

Apologies, your last email regarding delivery times seems to have evaded me, your goods automatically go on order when you place the order. The delivery period on item going out of the UK is usually 5-7 but can take a little longer in some instances - your Onkyo 818 arrived this morning I signed for it personally.

The Focal package is due to us Wednesday so all goods will be dispatched by the end of the week .

Kind regards, Richard

Sales Advisor Audio Affair

13/03/2013 Me:

What is going on? Where is my reciever and speakers?

This is not acceptable. Its now been 17 days since i placed my order and its been 9 days since you told me that my package was on its way.

This is not ok, if you tell your costomers one thing you have to keep it.

I want to know:

1. where is my package and when will it arrive.

2. How will you compensate me for waiting this long?

13/03/2013 Audio Affair:

Apologies for the delays, it appears Onkyo sent to us a black receiver rather than a silver,If black is acceptable then I can offer you this at a very good discount,If not, I am awaiting a call back from Onkyo in order to see how quickly they can get me a silverunit,

Kind regards,

Richard

13/03/2013 Me:

How Much is a very good discount? And when can you have my order delivered? And dont bull**** me anymore. I need straight answers!

To me it's clear that they never had What i ordered in stock and that they have known this all along and that they been trying to win time. This is not honest.

Hakim

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Audio affair is the worst rubbish out there. I wouldn't dare to buy anything from them after this. See the attached conversation. After 20 days i still have no clue where My delivery is. And Audio Affair keeps bull****ing me. Audio Affair sucks!

25/2/2013 Audio Affair:

Good dayThank you for you recent order with us, sometimes when our customers pay via Credit or Debit card from abroad the system we use is unable to check the address provided. In instances such as this procedure states that we require further identification from you in order to ascertain that the goods are going to the correct person.

I will need a photograph/scan of a photo identification and a photograph/scan of utility bill with your name and the billing address on, the one you provided with your order.I trust you understand why we do this and thank you in advance for you cooperation. -

Kind regards, Richard

Sales AdvisorAudio Affair

26/02/2013 Me:

Hello, i have attached a scan of my photo identification and a scan of a utility bill. Please let me know as soon as possible when the shipment is on its way or if i u need anything else.

Best regards

26/2 Audio Affair:

Thank you for your cooperation I am pleased to say I have now cleared your order.

Kind regards,RichardSales AdvisorAudio Affair

04/03/2013 Me:

Hello! I ordered a onkyo reciever and Focal speakers from you on sunday 24/2 with the ordernumber: xxxx I still have not recieved either the reciever and speakers or a confirmation that it has been sent.

I have spoken to Richard via mail, and he hasn't answered me if or when my delivery will reach me. See our mailconversation below. I also phoned you directly and spoke to a Rob who said he would look in to the matter and then mail me an answer not more than 2 hours after the call.

This was on friday, and i still havn't got a reply. Its now 8 days since i made the order, paid you and i still have no clue about what happend to my money or my order. Is this what you call service? Its said clearly on your webbpage that delivery took 5-7 days.

If i dont get a reply and knowledge of the whereabouts of my money or my delivery by tomorrow, i will be forced to take legal action against you. I really hope this is all a big misstake from your side and that you will contact me right away so that we could clear this matter out.

Kind regards

04/03/2013 Audio affair:

Apologies, your last email regarding delivery times seems to have evaded me, your goods automatically go on order when you place the order. The delivery period on item going out of the UK is usually 5-7 but can take a little longer in some instances - your Onkyo 818 arrived this morning I signed for it personally.

The Focal package is due to us Wednesday so all goods will be dispatched by the end of the week .

Kind regards, Richard

13/03/2013 Me:

What is going on? Where is my reciever and speakers?

This is not acceptable. Its now been 17 days since i placed my order and its been 9 days since you told me that my package was on its way.

This is not ok, if you tell your costomers one thing you have to keep it.

I want to know:

1. where is my package and when will it arrive.

2. How will you compensate me for waiting this long?

13/03/2013 Audio Affair:

Apologies for the delays, it appears Onkyo sent to us a black receiver rather than a silver,If black is acceptable then I can offer you this at a very good discount,If not, I am awaiting a call back from Onkyo in order to see how quickly they can get me a silverunit,

Kind regards,

Richard

13/03/2013 Me:

How Much is a very good discount? And when can you have my order delivered? And dont bull**** me anymore. I need straight answers!

To me it's clear that they never had What i ordered in stock and that they have known this all along and that they been trying to win time. This is not honest.

John Duncan

One more time for luck...

John Duncan said:
Hakim

With respect...I sympathise with your complaint, but if you're going to drag up every Audio Affair thread that ever was and copy and paste your complaint into it, I am going to ban you, pure and simple. Stop it.

regards

JD

Hakim

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Even if they get it wright now its almost impossible to see that they would be able to make upp for me waiting for almost a month. But i will tell you the outcome...

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
These types of delay are not uncommon, things do go wrong and sometimes we have a bad experience. Most businesses will not have stock of items they list on the site, they often have them drop shipped on demand, but errors and delays may occur.

There is another side to this and we are forgetting those customers who have had a good experience with Audio Affair and would most likely recommend them.

The honesty is what gets to most people.

Hakim

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah its that they are not honest that gets me. They have now promised to send my goods tomorow and give me a discount. I still don't trust them for one bit. But i really hope that they get it right this time. My worst nightmare would be that this continue ant that i have to wait even longer to get my discount.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Hakim, maybe you should watch "cowboy builders" on channel five tonight at 20:00, it might make you feel better that you weren't ripped off thousands.

Hakim

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Well actually, as of right now Audio Affair have drawn 2100£ from my account and have been siting on my money for almost a month. What have i got from this financial transaction? Nothing as of yet. So yes i feel ripped of thousands, and yes maybe i should call the "Cowboy builders"

KiwiMoto

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried to buy from them using the 'live chat' function on their website but the sales guy didn't know his *** from his elbow.Pleased I didn't now.I purchased from Stone Audio and there was a delay on one item but they forwarded me the suppliers emails and kept me informed.Emma Partington was the person I dealt with,and I just had to ask her THAT question....does your dad build stands? :poke:

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hakim said:
Well actually, as of right now Audio Affair have drawn 2100£ from my account and have been siting on my money for almost a month. What have i got from this financial transaction? Nothing as of yet. So yes i feel ripped of thousands, and yes maybe i should call the "Cowboy builders"

The best form of action in this case is to just ask for your refund and let your feet do the talking. Use more reputable retailers, like some of the ones posting on he forums.

scoughlan

Sep 27, 2008
Visit site
I completed an online transaction with Audio Affair costing over £1,000 only to be later contacted by email that there was a problem. I was mislead by the Sales Rep telling me that the transaction could not be processed due to a discrepancy between my address supplied and the address held by the bank (even though the invoice quite clearly stated both addresses as identical). I was advised by this Sales Rep that the goods could not be supplied without me supplying multiple ID checks including photo ID. I checked with bank: No problem with my address, and they also informed me that the transaction had in fact completed. So useless Audio Affair had taken my money and still wouldn't supply my goods!! I cancelled the order and got a better deal anyway from HiFix. I'm still awaiting the refund of my money from Audio Affair (over a week now) who I would never recommend to anyone unless they wish to be ripped off and made to feel like they are a criminal... I was told the refund would take up to 5 working days.

So, basically, they have taken my money – lied to me that they hadn’t – and even though they had my money refused to supply my goods – they will then take as long as they like to refund my money – and will never apologise for this appalling ‘service’. Avoid this company like the plague. Google for prices, and others will match or better them anyway.

Greengiento

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I live in Japan. I ordered a pair of Custom Design speaker stands from Audio Affair on January 25, 2014. Paid with my Visa card online. Immediately received a confirmation email of my order. Email mentioned I would receive an email with shipping information and tracking number when the order ships.

Maybe 3 days pass and no email for shipping status. So I wait another day and then email the customer service department. Wait a few days, no reply back. My husband emails the store - no reply. I search online and find an email for the sales manager, Richard. I email him explaining the situation.

Luckily enough, Richard at Audio Affair wrote back the next day explaining that because my Visa card was from outside of the UK, oftentimes their verification system for payment doesn't work. So they requested a photo of my picture ID and photo of utility bill showing my billing/home address. This would verify and free up my order. I sent the images the same day and received an email from Richard the following day stating my order was now verified and released. This was January 31, 2014.

In that last email I sent to Richard, with my verification photos/documents, I asked if he could kindly let me know what the timeline or general idea when my order would ship after being freed up. But he never mentioned it in that January 31 reply.

I emailed again 2 days later again asking for a status update. No reply.

Tonight, Feb 3, 2014 - I again emailed customer service and CC'd Richard asking for a status update this week, otherwise I'm gonna need to cancel my order, reverse payment and find my product elsewhere. I guess we'll see if I get any reply.

I'm trying to be patient, but it's kinda difficult when you send inquiries and get virtually no reply. I understand the store has to deal with walk-ins, online orders, phone calls and emails. But when I'm a paying customer who could easily have chosen a competitor to buy from, I think a 1-2 day turn around on email requests is not asking much.

Risa

Greengiento

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Got an email today from John in customer service asking for the email from Richard saying my order was cleared. Seems they don't update their order systems or nobody speaks to eachother? Uhg...this is gonna drag out, I'm sure.

bigolli

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

i bought a network playr from audio affair. As i am from germany they also asked me for varification of

my credit card details. No problem, i send them my id card details.

I also phoned them during placing the order. Friendly contact !

I noticed that they did not received my emails i send to them, because i contacted them via phone and chat again later.

May they have a problem with their spam filter?

The order arrived me in time in good condition.

From my side i can recommend them.

That my sansui network player stopped working after a few days isn`t the faultof audio affairs but Sansui uk or Frontier Silicon UK.

Kind regards

Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts