Audi Line - Modern vs Vintage

auryca2005

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I want to buy a Audio line that offers superior sound quality, the budget is around 1,000 euros. Lately I've been looking on the internet and i saw that opinions are divided. The sound i want to obtain is warm and clear . What I want to buy (here i need the advice of a professional): 1. Vintage line: Pioneer SA - 8800 (Blue Series) + Canton GLE 476, 110W, 270 Walnut or JBL STUDIO or A modern line consists of a new generation Denon amplifier ( something around 500-700 euro) and the speakers above . I personally tested a Pioneer amplifier SA - 606 and a Sony SONY TA-FA30ES with some speakers SONY SS-F600P.The result was unexpected, although Pioneer SA - 606 has over 30 years , sound was far superior (in my ear of a person that dosn't have experience ), much warmer, better treble, cleaner base. The questions are: 1. Modern or Vintage , What do you recommend?2. What i need to take into consideration when i am buying speaker?3. What i need to take into consideration when i am buying an amplifier ? 4. How do I figure out whether the amplifier and speakers fit?5. What do I recommend to buy with this budget ( around 1000 euros ) ? Thanks !

Thank you!

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I like the vintage upper end of the model range Pioneer stuff I've heard. It's the sort of kit that doesn't draw attention to itself. With nice, self-effacing clarity.

I think you've largely answered your own question on the amplification front. You prefered the vintage Pioneer amp, so buy it, or one like the one you heard, or one from further up the model range.

The thing with buying vintage is, if you buy right, you'll be buying a lot more engineering content for your money, which will in all likelyhood be reflected in the sound quality you get for your money. Plus you should be looking at zero depreciation.

A decent solid state amp like the Pioneer SA 8800 would be a fine choice for any speakers you're likely to buy for your budget.

Speakers are a highly personal choice. What you take into account when buying them will probably be different to what I take into account when buying speakers.

Where are you based, Auryca?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts