Attention Freeview HD PVR users: Transmitted Date Issue

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Just a word of warning - looks like 29th December has thrown up some transmission errors and some PVRs are being sent the wrong date and time. I'm on Crystal Palace, and when watching any of the HD channels, my PVR thinks the date is Satruday 3rd March. Switching to an SD channel changes back to 29th December. This is therefore a transmitter issue, so will depend where you live if you are getting the issue.

What this means is, if your PVR was left on an HD channel, it will currently think it's Satruday 3rd March, and therefore won't record anything you've got set between now and then - simple fix is to change to an SD channel and it should then work okay (though my Digital Stream seems a bit confused at the moment by it all).

This has been confirmed on another forum as affecting at least a couple of PVRs in this area, so it's not an issue with the Digital Stream, so could theoretically affect any PVR which takes its date and time from the transmissions signal (probably most if not all of them do this). Not sure if it affects Virgin / Sky, but doubt it as I suspect they have their own system for date / time updates.

Am trying to figure out who to complain to so it gets fixed, but thought I'd make a post here to let people know.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yup, issue has now been resolved. It was progressed through another forum to people in the know who looked to have sorted the issue - up until this point, just putting into standby and out again wouldn't have made a difference as the incorrect date was being transmitted on the HD channels.

Still worth checking for any one who has a PVR that it is now receiving the correct date.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
coincidence then ha. crystal palace engs must have flicked the switch in the couple of minutes I was off air then.

Hope you are enjoying your new location,good luck with the insurance btw.My daughter and partner are about to move to Petts Wood and let their Brixton flat,I'LL tip them off on the possible insurance aspect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts