Atomic Floyd SuperDarts: auditioning in Lancashire?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I've read a lot about these headphones and they seem to come highly recommended by just about everyone who reviews them. They're right at the top of my budget but I'm thinking I could use them both a domestic set of phones for listening to my HiFi in private (to replace my rather tired HD580s) and for use with my iPhone (mainly Spotify).

I know I can buy them online from the Apple Store, AF's own website and a few other online suppliers, but two hundred sheets is to me a lot of money to drop on a set of IEMs I haven't auditioned.

Sadly I've not been able to find any WHF reviews of them either.

I'm not sure of the forum rules re. recommending dealers, and of course I don't want to break them. But assuming I'm not breaking forum rules, does anyone know of any HiFi dealers in Lancashire which might stock them?

Thanks a lot.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I see that Amazon UK delivers for free, and I assume would take returns with no penalty? The reviews are smashing, and unless they're all paid for (which seems unlikely), it should be a good bet.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice to listen to them and - just as importantly - try them for fit, before dropping £200 on headphones I've never heard or tried.

Compared to auditioning say a pair of speakers in a dealer's shop with a different CDP and amp to mine, it should be a piece of cake, and of more relevance. My 'source', my 'amp' and my favourite CDs all travel with me on one pocket-sized device, so genuinely for the first time ever in my case, what the headphones sound like in the shop is what they will sound like in my living-room, on the bus, in bed, etc.

But the difficulty is finding somewhere which stocks them for audition! :doh:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts