Atlas Hyper Intergra MKII interconnect - thoughts? Alternatives?

abacus

David Smart said:
Anyone else got one? Opinions? Alternatives that may be slightly softer, warmer with better bass?

Also on a short cable (less than 1M) do XLR's make any difference?

The first point is irrelevant as any decent cable will not alter the sound. (If it does, send it back immediately as it is seriously sub standard and should never have been released)

XLR is used in pro systems as they normally have long runs or a lot of equipment close by that may cause interference, however in a domestic environment the advantages are minimal. (If your equipment has XLR then you may as well use it as XLR cables are as cheap to buy as RCA, and will not make any difference to the sound, but may help you psychologically)

Hope this helps

Bill

Thanks Bill..I know what you mean, there will always be a nagging thought that XLR is better! However it does restrict equipment selection so I will likely give it a miss and resale value of the cables (as demand for XLR's I'm sure is lower).

Rimse

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
depends on amplifier and many other factors.I have atlas titan cables and I like it in technics combo.It sounds very good.Excelent vocals and etc...And run krell in xlr mode from bryston dac and xlr from cd player.Cheap van damme pro cable with neutrik plugs sounds clean,atlas elektra xlr sounds more robust,but less clean.I tried on krell rca atlas titan ,elektra,equator cables .In the end left with xlr cables,they just sound better

TRENDING THREADS