Atlas hyper 2.0 versus chord epic reference

• Thread starter QuestForThe13thNote
  • Start date
Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I just got sent the speaker cable and this atlas hyper 2.0 is quite nice. I can recommend it if you want to round the system off with a neutral smooth sound. I’ve tried it before with earlier speakers and it wasn’t great and a bit flat but the speakers were quite a bit smoother.

I thought I’d give it a go as the power cables were making things very transparent but I decided not to go ahead with the Helios power cables on my power amps, so I think this is going back. I now need a better longer power cable that fits my steamer as the Helios on my streamer is nice.

I think this just goes to show that speaker wires can be suited to different hi Fi’s. They may sound rubbish on one but not another. The chord epic reference is a bit more sparkly with the hi frequencies and you get more lispiness to voices and the soundstage of the music is overall bigger and wider with more space around instruments and the vocal, listening to Julie Byrne at the moment. Also the chord is better with the bass, so I will definitely be keeping it. It’s a fantastic speaker cable.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Best of luck.

I still maintain that chasing sonic excellence via a piece of wire is at best obsessive, expensive and subject to enormous amounts of mumbo jumbo and at worst results in only marginal improvements. And using adjectives to describe improvements such as lispiness, smooth, transparent means nothing to most people.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

It won’t if it doesn’t make any difference on a grand hi Fi.

You can take part in debates of which you’ve no experience, but you are just doing the ‘this is expensive and it’s a con’ Dave down to the pub thing. The bloke on the Clapham omnibus. It’s lacking forethought mate.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
It won’t if it doesn’t make any difference on a grand hi Fi.

You can take part in debates of which you’ve no experience, but you are just doing the ‘this is expensive and it’s a con’ Dave down to the pub thing. The bloke on the Clapham omnibus. It’s lacking forethought mate.

Bit of snobbery creeping in there? And by the way I am not your mate. Do you have a sense of humour by the way as it doesn't seem to come across?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
That’s what I owned before changing to audioquest solid core speaker cable the atlas speaker cable was ok but I found the audioquest rocket 33 to sound a lot better then the atlas cable .

ive still got my old atlas cable and it’s the only cable I’ve owned that if I compare it with the audioquest cable there is a difference between them both that you notice when swapping them round .

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Blacksabbath25 said:
That’s what I owned before changing to audioquest solid core speaker cable the atlas speaker cable was ok but I found the audioquest rocket 33 to sound a lot better then the atlas cable .

ive still got my old atlas cable and it’s the only cable I’ve owned that if I compare it with the audioquest cable there is a difference between them both that you notice when swapping them round .

dont audioquest tend to use silver coatings, not sure if rocket has, but rocket 33 is similar conductor size to hyper 2 as I was looking at it other day. But I think audioquest probably use better copper and shielding is a bit better.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Reply #4 Not really as I despise the class system, I’m just using the example of pub conversations which aren’t often very intelligent. But I’m a realist. Your view seems clouded by pessimism, lack of confidence, probably a feeling of being conned, that anything expensive is not worth it, you don’t think of value for money on nice things, a bit of jealousy too. Whether this is all true I’ve no idea, but it’s coming across thick. Very human things.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Not really as I despise the class system, I’m just using the example of pub conversations which aren’t often very intelligent. But I’m a realist. Your view seems clouded by pessimism, lack of confidence, probably a feeling of being conned, that anything expensive is not worth it, you don’t think of value for money on nice things, a bit of jealousy too. Whether this is all true I’ve no idea, but it’s coming across thick. Very human things.

Pessimism, lack of confidence - No. Cynicism - absolutely. Jealousy? - ad comment. Humour - I have bags of it. Where's yours by the way Very Human? Of course because I am human.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:

dont audioquest tend to use silver coatings, not sure if rocket has, but rocket 33 is similar conductor size to hyper 2 as I was looking at it other day. But I think audioquest probably use better copper and shielding is a bit better.
not sure as I brought it terminated already but it’s bigger cable then the atlas cable is

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

#8 That’s it cynicism - it’s bad, as human experience often tells us it’s erroneous.

Ok so Ant McPartlin was driving his mini in London whilst texting yesterday. He said he wasn’t condoning it at all, but that we’ve all done such things when we are drunk.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
#8 That’s it cynicism - it’s bad, as human experience often tells us it’s erroneous.

Ok so Ant McPartlin was driving his mini in London whilst texting yesterday. He said he wasn’t condoning it at all, but that we’ve all done such things when we are drunk.

Don't understand this post at all, but maybe the cynic in me doesn't want to. Why is it bad? I think its healthy to have such an attitude at times. But then you will undoubtedly disagree with my as you do with anyone else's point of view. Actually Ant was driving whilst drunk. The texting bit is irrelevant. I've never texted whist drunk, wouldn't know which button to press.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

It often tells us it’s erroneous was my point. But your response doesn’t deal with that, so you’ll have to concede your approach doesn’t deal with it. You either accept cynicism is or may be erroneous or you don’t. You do neither but you then go into cynicism being good, which is a different point all together of mine which is can cynicism be erroneous. Almost everyone will say it’s possible. You are just being argumentative for annoyance sake I think.

It’s healthy to be a cynic about an operation that you’ve heard of as bad, but we are talking about a bit of wire someone can send you free.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

You see, this is my point of you as an aggressor, you want to have a debate but then it doesn’t matter because I’ve ‘got to chill out’ and you don’t want to take the point I made further and offer concessions, for the sake of debate, which I’d gladly do if faced with having to make concessions. Instead you want to take it down another road.

I actually think doubke blind as otco said is better than any sighted testing, contrary to what ellis says, so I agree on that.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
You see, this is my point of you as an aggressor, you want to have a debate but then it doesn’t matter because I’ve ‘got to chill out’ and you don’t want to take the point I made further and offer concessions, for the sake of debate, which I’d gladly do if faced with having to make concessions. Instead you want to take it down another road.

I actually think doubke blind as otco said is better than any sighted testing, contrary to what ellis says, so I agree on that.

That complete sentence is rubbish, in my opinion. Its YOU that is unable to debate, engage in a decent conversation UNLESS evryone else agrees with you. I have no malice towards you personally, I'm pretty sure you are a decent guy but you are truly unable to engage in a worthwhile debate as most of us understand this to be. Now that wasn't agressive was it? Just my opinion. Not sure where this aggresive thing came from.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Why not debate then rather than use every opportunity, or most of them, to put me down, which is what you are doing.by the very nature of debates not everyone agrees with everyone else. What’s wrong with that. Or do they just get an earful of aggression in response for doing it.

lets talk about isotek and your views on ellis points? Or hi Fi etc, Otherwise you need to do something else please.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

And I’ve spent some time putting out my view, something you can do too if you want to debate this properly.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I think I'll just observe how the "debate" runs and see where it leads.

From the man with no upstairs! (and I am the aggressive one who puts you down....hmmmm)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts