Atlas Equator; really good?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Dont know, why wouldnt you?

You could go and buy one and let us all know the results. All I know is my Chord Crimson I/C on my hi fi is EXACTLY as descrabed in WHF, recent auditions have also shown their review of the Chord Chameleon to be pretty much spot on as well.

A

Anonymous

I bought one, and to be honest couldn't tell any difference between my cheapo interconnect. Tried to be A/B test, but by the time I swapped the cables over it wasn't possible to tell the difference. Maybe my hearing is shot, but I have the same problem with speaker cable, no descernable difference IMHO.

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
It must be in my system, B&W 684 speakers, Denon 1500 amp. and cdp, with almost rock and pop. I have tried Van den hul 102, but this was a mismatch. I like a full bodied sound. For me no silver.

Maybe the Cardas crosslink is better?

SteveR750

Bert Puttocks:
I bought one, and to be honest couldn't tell any difference between my cheapo interconnect. Tried to be A/B test, but by the time I swapped the cables over it wasn't possible to tell the difference. Maybe my hearing is shot, but I have the same problem with speaker cable, no descernable difference IMHO.

Thats the problem I'm having doing my IC comparison. I think that for a lot of systems then the changes in cables might not be as big as thjose in equipment, and even they can be quite small. I doubt I would ever seriously consider spending more than £60 on an IC and £10 a metre on speaker cable....at least until I can hear that much £££'s worth of improvement. So far one of the best tweaks for VFM was to buy £5 worth of anti static CD wipes, I am amazed that they show an improvement at all, but they do, and more than my IC changes have!

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Some of the more high end mags like having a go at WHF but in the last 10 years of buying it ive always found them to be spot on with the reviews and have built a great system using their advice, and that includes atlas ics which helped smooth out an edgy system. They replaced a more expensive silver type. But no cable is going to make a system better than what its capable of and the reviewrs always make that clear.

A

Anonymous

I bought an Atlas Equator about a month ago and was really impressed how it smoothed my previously bright CA system. Definately recommended.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts