Atlas Element integra or Atlas equator?

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I will replace the standard cable while it is broken. I'm looking at these 2 cables. The price of the Equator MKII and the Element Integra is almost the same. But The Element Integra has better plugs. And doesn't sound the Equator brighter?

What will be the best buy?

Hi peterpan

I'll recommend that you should also look at using a basic interconnect and thereafter if need be using the tone controls on the KI Pearl Lite amp.

Fwiw, i use a basic interconnect to connect a Chord Electronics QBD76 DAC to amps/pre amps.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

atticus

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello peterpan, I had the Atlas Equator, although I think the difference between a basic cable and the Equator was more imagined than actual. Speaker cable does appear to make a real difference, though.

T

the record spot

I use an Atlas Navigator (£200-odd) on my Denon, a Monster Interlink 300 (but probably about £40 ish tops?) which I picked up gratis on my Marantz CD52-MKii SE and a cheapo £8 interconnect made by a computer firm that I swap in and out. I wouldn't be in any raging panic to worry about an interconnect. If you must buy one that's branded, QED's Qunex 2 will be fine for the job - approx £40 max.

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It would be best to try both in your system and take the one you prefer.

Atlas cables are, IMO, neutral and well-made.

If I had to pick one, I think I'd go for the Integra with the newer plugs since they also use that plug on the new Equator mk III.

It's always useful to keep a basic interconnect to see if you can hear a difference compared to whichever branded version you might choose.

Avalon1

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm stressing over whether to upgrade my interconnects to Atlas Element Integra or Equator MKIII Integra. This is for a secondary audio system (Yamaha 5.1 receiver, Cambridge Audio Azur 351c cd player and Polk Audio Monitor 7 speakers). I know there's a point at which I wouldn't be able to hear the difference, but is it worth the additional cost to go with the Equators? I'm not sure whether the amp in the receiver would optimize the sound. Please help!

TRENDING THREADS