ATC SCM 11 or ProAc studio 115

mpapo

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So, I have parted ways with my Dynaudio Contour 1.3 MKII due to excessive booming in my living room & I am now looking for a replacement. Speakers will be placed +- 25cm from a rear wall.

I've narrowed down my choice to ProAc studio 115, ATC SCM 11 or Linn Majik 109.

I listen to all kinds of music, like a laid back, natural representation and I do like a decent amount of bass...

Amp+Source is Harman Kardon HK 990, so plenty of power on tap.

Any recommendations ?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I think the problem is only going to be sorted by trying (if poss) the three very different sounding speakers in situ, and picking the best.

ATC will be easiest to place, but the Proacs may be closer to the sound of the Dynaudios. Linn usually sound best on the end of their own kit, but could be OK with HK.

mpapo

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The Dynaudio's are currently replaced by some old B&W DM 12's, also sealed-box design like the ATC's. I quite like the sound they're producing. So might be tempted to go for the ATC's...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The ATC are a very good, but very neutral speaker, and even though they are a sealed design, I expect them to sound very different to your DM 12s.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
mpapo said:
Just ordered a pair of ATC SCM 11's after some demo'ing (but not with my own amp), hope they'll match well!

What amp did you demo them with?

Since ATC pass on the characteristics of the amp to which they're attached in full, it could be dangerous making assumptions based on this...you could end up changing the amp as well! >)

A

Anonymous

ive just bought the 19s but really liked the 11s they sound a bit warmer

mpapo

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
mpapo said:
Just ordered a pair of ATC SCM 11's after some demo'ing (but not with my own amp), hope they'll match well!

What amp did you demo them with?

Since ATC pass on the characteristics of the amp to which they're attached in full, it could be dangerous making assumptions based on this...you could end up changing the amp as well! >)

Some Cyrus Pre/Power combo, not sure which.

mpapo said:

Hi mpapo

Fwiw, i got clients who are happily using Harman Kardon amplification (HK990 & HK1400) with SCM19 and SCM40 monitors respectively. Anyway i hope that you enjoy the performance of your SCM11 monitors for many years to come :)

Btw, what colour have you chosen for your SCM11's?

Btw, what

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

mpapo

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ATC's arrived today & I couldn't be any happier, they're a great match with my HK 990, they sound very smooth & detailed.

Thanks also to HiFix, buying overseas is always a risk, but all went very smooth.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts