Atacama Equinox advice

A

Anonymous

I have housed my NAD 325BBE Amp on the first shelf of the base unit - no problem. My NAD 525BBE CD Player is currently sitting on the top (second shelf) of the base unit. I want to get two add on shelves. You can get them with a height of either 130mm or 180mm. The CD player is 70mm high and the NAD C445 Tuner coming this week is also 70mm high. So what would you chaps go for a 130mm shelf or a 180mm shelf

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have housed my NAD 325BBE Amp on the first shelf of the base unit - no problem. My NAD 525BBE CD Player is currently sitting on the top (second shelf) of the base unit. I want to get two add on shelves. You can get them with a height of either 130mm or 180mm. The CD player is 70mm high and the NAD C445 Tuner coming this week is also 70mm high. So would you chaps go for a 130mm shelf or a 180mm shelf?

Thankyou for any guidance and I wish everyone a good Christmas.

A

Anonymous

Doesn't the NAD manual give a guidance for headroom for the components? If you meet those reqirements, it then comes down to aesthetics, I have put all my components on my rack so they each have the same headroom. Gives it that uniform look.

A

Anonymous

James foster.
I have the atacama equinox rack as well, ive got one amp on the first shelf of the base unit, and another amp on the second shelf of the base unit, and then three add on shelfs. The first add on shelf is 180mm and then the next two add on shelfs are 130mm wich house the cd player and the tuner, and the top shelf is free at the moment to add a record deck later, and it looks the bees knees, go for it.

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
My current basic hi-fi rack has wooden legs and perspex shelves, and it sits on concrete floor. Can I realistically expect audible improvements from something like the Atacama Equinox?

A

Anonymous

If your tuner and cd player are 70mm high go for the 130mm add on units, these will give a few inches gap between the components and the shelf , and will look just right. The 180mm units are better used for amplifiers and av recievers.

TRENDING THREADS