At what price point do you burn in headphones

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks for the help in the post below i have now got my new Grado sr80e with free case from peter tyson £79.99 free recorded dpd so cant complain .
Is it a wifes tale or shall i leave them on over night on low volume.

many thanks simon

K

keeper of the quays

Leave on for a few days if you can...ill be interested if you post a review..

super

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
smuggs said:
Many thanks for the help in the post below i have now got my new Grado sr80e with free case from peter tyson £79.99 free recorded dpd so cant complain .Is it a wifes tale or shall i leave them on over night on low volume.

many thanks simon

Grado recommend that you should break them in naturally over time.

D

Deleted member 108165

smuggs said:
Many thanks for the help in the post below i have now got my new Grado sr80e with free case from peter tyson £79.99 free recorded dpd so cant complain.

Be sure to come back on here when you have got the the SR80's and let us know your what you think of them.

TrevC

super said:
smuggs said:
Many thanks for the help in the post below i have now got my new Grado sr80e with free case from peter tyson £79.99 free recorded dpd so cant complain .Is it a wifes tale or shall i leave them on over night on low volume.

many thanks simon

Grado recommend that you should break them in naturally over time.

Burn in is absolute nonsense.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
super said:
Just quoting (TrevC), what grado put in their manual when i got the PS1000.

Innerfidelity proved the burn-in effect with measurements. The real argument is whether 1-2 db makes an important difference. Sometimes yes and sometimes no. If you listen at home when it's very quiet, and you're listening only and not doing anything else, you will hear the differences. But if watching a movie or listening outdoors, it would probably make no difference to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts