Asus Padfone 2 launched - looks nice!!

Even the specs are beefy, coming with a quad core S4 processor & 2GB RAM. The phone + tablet is still lighter than the iPad! Build quality looks good too. Details here.

xl_ASUS_Padfone_2_angled_624.jpg

xl_ASUS_Padfone_2_front_2_624.jpg

xl_ASUS_Padfone_2_bottom_624.jpg

xl_ASUS_Padfone_2_bottom_2_624.jpg

xl_ASUS_Padfone2_dock_phone_62.jpg

xl_ASUS_Padfone_2_phonescreen_.jpg

I wonder if it makes across this shore sometime. I heard the original padfone did not come here as the network providers weren't interested in a tablet-cum-phone.

It's priced at €799 for the 32GB version and €899 for the 64GB version, with both price-points including the tablet dock.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
its defintely an interesting product - i've read a few hands on reviews but not many talk to much about the quality of the screen on the tablet docking station.. its pricey but not when you consider the price of an iphone and say an IPAD.. then its very competitive

what if any functionality does the tablet docking station have with the phone undocked?

scene

I quite liked the idea of the original padfone, but there were some issues with the implementation that left me a little unconvinced...

... this however does look like it ticks most of the boxes.

- The new phone part now has a 4.7" screen, with 1200x800 res - which is nice

- The quadcore chip + doubled ram (2GB) beefs it up, the old version seemed a bit light here, especially for tablet use

- It supports LTE (yay!) and NFC

To answer micks_address's question: Without the phone, the docking station/tablet is a brick, from what I can make out.

I'm putting this one on my shortlist...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts