Question Astell&Kern Kann Cube semi brick

ruidito

Jun 4, 2024
Visit site
Hello!
My name is Diego, I am in Argentina.
I've wanted one of Astell daps for a while and I found someone who sold me a Kann Cube in excellent...aesthetic condition. Upon bringing it home and testing it out a bit, I quickly noticed that the device is almost in a brick state.
When you turn it on and enter the settings, it remains in a perpetual state of scanning media. It only recognizes files that are within the internal memory, none of the external memory. However, when entering "Folder", the system is detecting the external memory, but apparently the system is not able to load the information contained in the micro SD.
At the same time, I wanted to factory format it, but all the formatting options are broken, that is, they are visible but when you choose any of them, it does nothing, it does not execute them.
I want to save this device and I need your help please.
Thank you so much.

Hi,
Personally I would be sending the device back and ask for your money back.
There is a slim chance the microSD card has been formatted in a way that is not recognised by the device.
You could use a computer to check how the microSD has been formatted and then reformat using a different method.
Note: it should be formatted using FAT32 format

ruidito

Jun 4, 2024
Visit site
Hi,
There is a slim chance the microSD card has been formatted in a way that is not recognised by the device.
You could use a computer to check how the microSD has been formatted and then reformat using a different method.
Thank you very much for your answer.
I understand what you recommend about the microSD, however, the fact that it cannot be formatted because those options do not work does not correspond to the problem with the microSD.

Thank you very much for your answer.
I understand what you recommend about the microSD, however, the fact that it cannot be formatted because those options do not work does not correspond to the problem with the microSD.
You need to format the sd card in a computer or different device first so that it is in "FAT 32 ".
You do have a computer or laptop don't you otherwise how do you get the files onto the microSD card?

Reactions: ruidito

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
I don't think so but then again I am not sure what the difference is.
Note: having read up on it then yes exFAT32 is backwards compatible with FAT32 and may, in fact, be better for larger capacity microSD cards
Yes, exFAT is the successor to FAT, and likely or surely what will pop up as a format option for Ruidito -at least in any Windows Explorer version, but I'd guess on any platform.

My HiBy DAP is strictly MicroSD-based so I'm regularly formatting for that and my Samsung phone when transferring and organizing my digital music collection --including today coincidentally ;).

Reactions: Al ears

ruidito

Jun 4, 2024
Visit site
Hi,
Note: it should be formatted using FAT32 format
Working on the micro SD aspect. I'm seeing progress. Thank you very much for your answer Al ears.

ruidito

Jun 4, 2024
Visit site
Yes, exFAT is the successor to FAT, and likely or surely what will pop up as a format option for Ruidito -at least in any Windows Explorer version, but I'd guess on any platform.

My HiBy DAP is strictly MicroSD-based so I'm regularly formatting for that and my Samsung phone when transferring and organizing my digital music collection --including today coincidentally ;).
Not working with exFAT. That´s when my problem began.

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
Not working with exFAT. That´s when my problem began.
What matters is that your impressive Kann Cube is working now: congratulations!

exFAT and NTFS are the only options available to me currently on Windows 7, 10, and 11 systems.

Here is one recent rundown on the various file system options:

exFAT and NTFS are the only options available to me currently on Windows 7, 10, and 11 systems.

Interesting but it seems when A&K say FAT32 they mean FAT32.....

ruidito

Jun 4, 2024
Visit site

Thanks.
No matter what the article says, I assure you that it only works with FAT32, with exFAT the device's operating system creates multiple conflicts.

PaulX101

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.
No matter what the article says, I assure you that it only works with FAT32, with exFAT the device's operating system creates multiple conflicts.
Try formatting to fat 32 in Disc Management, that should work in win 7, and it should n 10,11, alternatively open a command prompt with user admin and type "format /FS:FAT32 X" change the X to the drive letter of device you want to format.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts