Artists or groups that make you feel queasy...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
DIB said:
CnoEvil said:
Listen to Brendan Shine's "Do you want your old lobby washed down", and then tell me that your choices even make it to first base! :)

I just have on Spotify.

You've got a point.

I Know!

I could give a few choice examples from Daniel O'Donnell, but that would be using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. ;)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
BillDay66 said:
Adele - I know, I know, great voice and maybe its me but watching her being interviewed with her 'Brit School Brat Attitude' and unnecessary swearing, chewing gum and general cockiness winds me up to the point where I'm going right off her!

Funny, that's the main thing I like about her! C-ackles like an old witch and then sings like an angel, not that I own anything by her.

Apologies for the unnecessary hyphen but the swear filter doesn't like the word otherwise.

Drummerdave said:
johnnyblue said:
Can't believe nobody's mentioned them already,but Radiohead must be the biggest bunch of whiners going.One of their songs on the radio is enough to make me change stations until I think it's over. Also U2 are unbelievably crap.

+1 for Radiohead

Agree with Radiohead with one proviso - The Bends. Superb album.

Some of the artists mentioned, including some of mine, is an embarrassment to even class it as music.

D

Deleted member 2457

Adele - (since she is being talked about already), i heard a song of hers the other day, thought i would have a listen due to all the fuss, i thought it was one of the most boring things i have ever heard - period!

T

the record spot

Sticking up for Rush here - great band PP! Saturday night, Glasgow, looking forward to it!

A

Anonymous

the record spot said:
Sticking up for Rush here - great band PP! Saturday night, Glasgow, looking forward to it!

Toppie. Manchester and Newcastle next week for me!
smiley-laughing.gif
JD has to wait until 25th!

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Phil Collins. Can't stand the little bald headed weasel. Who told him he could sing? I blame Peter Gabriel.

If you see my other 'music that makes you grin' thread, the second on my list was Behind the Lines from Genesis' Duke. Go figure.
With the obvious exception, I don't like Phil Collins solo work. I don't like any of the post Gabriel Genesis studio albums. I don't even like it that he is a tax exile. But I have seen him front Genesis on four occasions and he can clearly sing. He is also a very fine drummer as his work with Genesis, Brand X, Fripp, Gabriel and countless other artists will testify.

the record spot said:

Clearly I was scarred as a youngster with Giddy Flee from Rash... sorry, Rush and Van Halen. The only Van Halen track I really like is "Jump"... sung by Roddy Frame from Aztec Camera. Still have his live version on 12" single... and love it.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
the record spot said:

Clearly I was scarred as a youngster with Giddy Flee from Rash... sorry, Rush and Van Halen.

Hey, steady on, you can't lump those two together, the Roth-era Van Halen is great stuff! My not-really-step-son-in-law bought me Rush's latest greatest hits album last Christmas, it's a bit meh to be honest but I could listen to Van Halen all day long if it weren't for the fact I've only got their stuff on cassette...

The only Van Halen track I really like is "Jump"

Their cover of Pretty Woman is a bit odd although the lead in instrumental track is cool and I still laugh when it breaks out into the Roy Orbison classic!

manicm

It's quite fashionable to hate Phil Collins, he's self-aware of it and after all he's a Tory supporter :). But I must admit I rather like his stuff before But Seriously (I turn off from here on end). Rather good actually as pop music goes.

I'm a big Peter Gabriel fan, but haven't really heard much Genesis stuff, so can't comment there.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Oh dear lord, save me.

I'm agreeing with gel about something!

I'd say they've got two good songs, and one of them's a cover (I like Love Rollercoaster but probably only because it's on the Beavis and Butthead Do America soundtrack).

D

Deleted member 2457

The_Lhc said:
gel said:
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Oh dear lord, save me.

I'm agreeing with gel about something!

I'd say they've got two good songs, and one of them's a cover (I like Love Rollercoaster but probably only because it's on the Beavis and Butthead Do America soundtrack).

Yeah, i can't listen to one of their songs for long at all - makes me feel bad, always has done for some reason. BTW - did you like my Jar Jar link mate? Big Smile

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
Grease music
Erasure
Who let the dogs out (who did that?)
cheesey music
Elvis
Cliff

slash your wrist music. EG lighthouse family, david grey

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts