Article titles.

Sliced Bread

Hi
As a long term reader I’ve appreciated What HiFi as a magazine through the 90’s and 00’a and now as a website. Generally the articles are good and enjoyable to read.

I do however have a minor gripe. The article titles are in some (not all) cases are starting to look very much like click bait. For instance, articles ending in “….and here’s why”.

It is a minor gripe, but it gives the impression of click bait and content that either cannot be trusted or will lead to endless scrolling to get to the point.

This is not necessarily a criticism of the content of the articles, but rather of the presentation and the impression the title leaves with the reader.

I hope this doesn’t come across as a whf bashing. It is not intended to be, but I feel (for what that’s worth) that whf should pursue a presentation style that exudes confidence and substance.

If you made it this far; thank you for listening.

Friesiansam

What you describe is something that plagues many sites that have been taken over by Future Publishing. Another one, Techradar, is particularly bad. Articles based on unverified speculation and rumour, are also common on Future sites.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts