ART Loudspeakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

SonicDreamer, did you go any further with ART DECO 15's or any other ART speaker for that matter?

A

Anonymous

I remember listening about 7 years ago to a pair of ART speakers, they were wood finished, box shaped floorstanders and they sounded fantastic. I don,t like the look of the newer moulded versions, but if i could find a pair of the original ones with the wood finishes then i would buy them like a shot.

A

Anonymous

Sonic Dreamer said:
kingsxfan:

I've owned the Emotions and moved onto the Signatures. These are the first speakers that made me forget about the kit and think only of expanding my music collection. I feel lucky to own a pair.

A.R.T. make some truly great loudspeakers, plus you'll never get to deal with any nicer guys than Derek or Ramsey. I can never see myself moving away from the A.R.T. brand, I just 'get' them. One thing is for sure, all you get with A.R.T is the music!

KingsX, thanks for your comment, gosh you have some serious kit!!! Actually, I was dealing with Jordan Accoustics, but I did speak to Derek as well. Paul at Jordan Accoustics kindly lent me a demo pair of Deco 8 Signatures forthree weeks. I was really disarmed and taken with their transparent clarity, but felt there was a bit lacking in bottom end dynamic with the two-way configuration for the cost of the speakers. Every other speaker I listened to at Sevenoaks Hi-Fi (Holborn) and Grahams Hi-Fi in London were are least three-way, if not four-way, which obviously emphasised the bass more. I primarily listen to rock music, so bass is very important in the portrayal. I'm at the point where I think the Deco 15 Signatures is the way to go. I can't imagine anything else out there is going to cut it.

BTW, do you like the band King's X, I have not heard any of their stuff since "Gretchen Goes To Nebraska?"

Cheers,
Sonic D
i had the same problem with the deco 8s when i auditioned them @ my home, they had very good top end but they didn't seem to have the drive in the base i ended up buying them but what i done was change my musical fidelity pre amp & mono blocks for a mastersound compact 845 valve amp & now it's like night & day in the base department & even better clarity & ther r not even signatures yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts