aREGAderci

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, just sold my Rega DAC (after 1 year) which was partnered with my Sonos zp90. The Rega was a lovely looking piece of kit, but when I switched between inputs on my amp I could discern no difference what so ever. This really surprised me; I thought I would be able to hear at least a little difference.

Before the Sonos system I had a squeezebox duet partnered with a Dacmagic 2 which I bought mainly because of the Dac hype at the time. Again, when switching inputs on the amp I could only make out a small difference, not worse or better than the duet dac, so I sold the Dacmagic on ebay.

Ime external Dacs just don't represent good upgrade value, and as far as I know there is nothing wrong with my hearing.

Don't believe the hype?

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
:clap: i think compared to spending on speakers and an amp with enough puff to make the most of them, dacs are mainly window dressing.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
As is often the case - it depends. Having recently bought an audiolab M-DAC (having first heard one), I can confirm the difference over my Rotel RCD-1072 was a vast improvement, especially more so when coupled directly to a borrowed power amp.

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
busb said:
As is often the case - it depends. Having recently bought an audiolab M-DAC (having first heard one), I can confirm the difference over my Rotel RCD-1072 was a vast improvement, especially more so when coupled directly to a borrowed power amp.

Must admit, I wouldn't mind demoing the M-DAC, just for research purposes mind you.

A

Anonymous

SonofSun said:
busb said:

Must admit, I wouldn't mind demoing the M-DAC, just for research purposes mind you.

A Rega unbeliever and an M-DAC blasphemer!!!

'You're only making it worse for yourself!'

'How can I make it any worse?! Jehovah! Jehovah!

etc, etc,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYkbqzWVHZI&feature=related

If a stoning is deemed to be enough I'll have two with points, a flat one and a packet of gravel....

:grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts