Are you Shure....

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
brownz said:

Another one bites the dust....sad news indeed.

Best rush out and buy those M97xE now....

Should have rushed out and bought them a few years ago then they might not have folded.

I they can’t sell enough cartridges at a time when LP sales have grown dramatically, year-on-year, for over a decade, then something else was wrong.

Maybe they should have re-introduced the V15 .

chebby said:
Al ears said:
brownz said:

Another one bites the dust....sad news indeed.

Best rush out and buy those M97xE now....

Should have rushed out and bought them a few years ago then they might not have folded.

I they can’t sell enough cartridges at a time when LP sales have grown dramatically, year-on-year, for over a decade, then something else was wrong.

Maybe they should have re-introduced the V15 .

So many people read this wrong. They never said they can no sell enough of them, just like Oppo saying they pulled out of AV market because their universal players were not good enough. Read it again..... ;-)

The V15 was a classic but hasn't been made for years, they obviously plans to drop the pickup range in favour of other routes like Oppo that intend to concentrate on mobile phones.

I hadn’t heard this news, and can’t help feel saddened as my first cartridge was a M75ED. It was the best everybody said you could use with my Pioneer PL-12D and I thought it worked a treat.

I also owned a V15/III some years later as it was standard in my lovely Dual belt drive automatic deck. Thankfully I also have a M97xE ready to go!

nopiano said:
I hadn’t heard this news, and can’t help feel saddened as my first cartridge was a M75ED. It was the best everybody said you could use with my Pioneer PL-12D and I thought it worked a treat.

I also owned a V15/III some years later as it was standard in my lovely Dual belt drive automatic deck. Thankfully I also have a M97xE ready to go!

Hang on to it, soon to become a sought-after rarity.

Chris Munden

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
All, ears, some time ago you recommended the Sure M97XE as an upgrade for the supplied AT95EX on my AT-LP-5 turntable, do you still think the Shure is a good upgrade over the AT95EX for that deck. I don't see much point in spending more!

Chris

Chris Munden said:
All, ears, some time ago you recommended the Sure M97XE as an upgrade for the supplied AT95EX on my AT-LP-5 turntable, do you still think the Shure is a good upgrade over the AT95EX for that deck. I don't see much point in spending more!

Chris

I stand by what I said then. The 97 is a brilliant all rounder and one of the best trackers for the money. I wouldn't replace your current cartridge until it is worn out but if you want to buy in a replacement 97 then now would seem a good time to do so. ;-)

daytona600

M97 has a great generator but you should hear one with a better stylus/cantilever

( HE ) Hyper Elliptical or ( SA ) Shibata stylus & ( SAS ) Boron or diamond cantilever / line contact stylus

AT95E also has a great generator replace as above with HE/SA cantilever & stylus turns a 30quid cartridge in a £300 cartridge

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts