Are there TVs available where a significant proportion of the cost is not the sound capability?

nickwhite2008

Feb 25, 2008
Visit site
A lot of manufacturers seem to be emphasising the sound capabilities of their TVs e.g. Sony and using actuators to vibrate the screen. This implies that a significant part of the cost of the TV is the sound capabilities.
Given that I have a surround sound system, the sound capabilities of the TV are of no interest to me. Therefore can anyone recommend a TV where the picture is as good as other TVs in a higher price bracket - because money has been saved by not including expensive sound capabilities? e.g. is there a £1500 TV out there with a picture that is as good as the class leaders in the £2000 price range but doesn't include £500 worth of sound-producing technology?
Thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

A lot of manufacturers seem to be emphasising the sound capabilities of their TVs e.g. Sony and using actuators to vibrate the screen. This implies that a significant part of the cost of the TV is the sound capabilities.
Given that I have a surround sound system, the sound capabilities of the TV are of no interest to me. Therefore can anyone recommend a TV where the picture is as good as other TVs in a higher price bracket - because money has been saved by not including expensive sound capabilities? e.g. is there a £1500 TV out there with a picture that is as good as the class leaders in the £2000 price range but doesn't include £500 worth of sound-producing technology?
Thanks
Which size TV are you looking for?

D

Deleted member 2457

I am trying to find 65-inches for you and found this deal:

You could try price matching with John Lewis.

D

Deleted member 2457

You would need to fill it the price match at John Lewis online the never knowingly undersold bit. And link exactly to that price I found on the Panasonic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts