Are there any other subs I should be considering in addition to the B&W PV1

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Nope.
emotion-4.gif

Seriously though, you might as well listen to the sub that comes with the 3005SE package (which incidentally is £750 for the whole package on Play.com, as long as you like the silver finish), see if you think the PV1 is worth the extra.

Also, do you already own the 3005 sats, or is there any other reason you're dismissing the complete B&W MT-30 package? WHF have said many times that the 3005 is great, but the MT-30 is better all round (as you'd hope for the price difference).

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i picked up an ex display Rel B2 subwoofer in mint condition for £850 - its a £1400 sub and is amazing! Really easy setup and great intergration. Also allows connections to both stereo amp and home cinema system at same which i needed. But it is a bid box - stands as high as my MA PL100 stands

http://www.rel.net/index2.htm

Try Peter Tysons I know they has a few in not sure on prices - didn't get mine from there.

A

Anonymous

Hi Hems

I demo'd the PV1 and was impressed with it's performance for such a comparitively compact unit. The only inssue I had was with the cableing. The sockets for connecting were on the bottom of the sub but left no room for an upgraded cable to inserted without placing the sub on 2 slabs of granite with a 2 inch channel cut through it to allow the cable to run. (Hope that makes sense!) In the end I plummed for the Monitor Audio GSW12 after testing them back to back along with the M.A. RSW12 in a demo room and my home.

The GSW12 was the more expensive and is a bit of a mare to set as it has so many set up options, but performance wise it is a monster. The RSW12 has been rated a 5 star product and was good but the GSW was just better in every way than the PV1 and the RSW.

Give em a listen. Hope this helps.

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I already own the 3005 Sats which I bought as a complete package but recently sold the sub. I was going to get MT30 package but went for the KEFs because I thought the centre speaker was better for dialogue.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Hem

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The M&K KX12 is available for £330, usually a £600 sub, and is cracking for the money. If you're after something more lifestyle and less cubic to suit the speakers, try the new KEF XQ60b at £799.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

When I demod I found the PV1 to be a big improvement over the KEF sub especially for music. Having said that I found the Tannoy TS300 to be just as good, (maybe even a little tighter), which is significantly cheaper. I think there are probably other even better subs out there for a lot less than the PV1 as well. Tannoy themselves have just updated their style subs I believe.

I guess when choosing which to demo you'll also need to look at how high up the frequency range the sub goes, as I've noticed some specifying their upper limit at 100HZ which may not be quite enough to overlap successfully with the satellites.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts