Are new speakers today that much better than the best used speakers??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A friend of mine has spent a lot of money on his current system. Has bought some stuff he has always wanted and some stuff recommended to him. Probably spend multiples of thousands of quid, and the sound of cd/amp/power amp/ speakers together is bloody awfull. Put the turntable on and it sounds amazing.

It's chalk and cheese sound from the same system. I couldn't listen to the cd it was so shrill.

The speakers are old kef reference, refurbed. I wouldn't have them.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
A friend of mine has spent a lot of money on his current system. Has bought some stuff he has always wanted and some stuff recommended to him. Probably spend multiples of thousands of quid, and the sound of cd/amp/power amp/ speakers together is bloody awfull. Put the turntable on and it sounds amazing.

It's chalk and cheese sound from the same system. I couldn't listen to the cd it was so shrill.

The speakers are old kef reference, refurbed. I wouldn't have them.

See, I loved my old Kef Concords, which had some of the same cones. They were 'weighty' but never 'boomed'. I've not heard the like since...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts