Are my speakers good enough

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have a naim cd5i, a placette passive volume controller, arcam p35 and arcam p90 bi-amping monitor audio RS silver 6.

Are these speakers good enough or can they be improved upon. Sometimes think system can be a bit bright. Dont care if they are bookshelf or floorstanding, max spend £1000

Thanks

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I found monitor audio tweeters very bright!
£1000 will get you.....
Link 1

Link2

Link3

All should be a good match for your system imo.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that are any of these fussy about placement as I use a typical living room with limited space, Speakers are 6 ft apart and 30cms from wall. Can't part them anymore but could pull out another 10 - 15 cm if needed. Also any bookshelf speakers to recommend

Thanks

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The DALI and Neat are not too fussy, in fact closed to wall placement can bring out more bass, Focal how ever do like to be place in to the room.

The best standmount pair under a grand for me is this little beauty.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that, I would like maybe the Pro Ac . I don't use a centre speaker for home cinema just monitor audio rs1 for the rear so all should be O.K I think. Do the Pro ACs need much room or are they easy placed .

I used the rs1s as fronts for music before and in some ways I prefer the standmounts sound.

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts