Arcam Solo Neo and UPnP controllers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am thinking about getting an Arcam Solo Neo. The ability to wirelessly access music from my computer/NAS is one of the key features I like.

However, browsing a music collection using the Arcam's own remote+display will be quite tedious.

(a) Is it possible to use, say, Windows Media Player or some other software on my computer to browse and select music, and have it played over the Arcam?

(b) It would be even better if I could use some UPnP controller running on iPhone, etc., (such as plugplayer), as my user interface. Is this possible?

Arcam's documentation just says that it needs a UPnP server ... but it does not clarify whether it will work with other UPnP controllers.

Any information on this appreciated ... my decision to buy/not-buy Arcam Solo Neo depends on this.

Thanks,
Rama

John Duncan

There's always jamcast's virtual soundcard option which plays anything the pc is playing - so you cam use any media player which can be controlled externally (eg iTunes and iPhone). That said, I couldn't get a uniti to recognise it...

A

Anonymous

Thanks, this is useful to know. What is unclear to me is whether the Arcam Solo Neo is a media player (UPnP media renderer) that can be controlled externally ...

Thanks,

Rama

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts