Arcam solo movie 2.1

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
being on holiday right now I cannot buy the new february issue of what hifi. But I am very curious to know what your verdict was on the solo movie 2.1 Could somebody tell me please ? Many regards

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Five stars. It delivers great DVD pictures, toe-tapping CD sound and has a good DAB tuner. Our only caveat is that there's no upgrade path, so if you're happy with a 2.1 system for movies that's fine, but if you wanted to upgrade to 5.1 at a later date you can't. Otherwise, we love it.

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
thanks Andy for your help. It seems to be perfect for my office at home.
Would you go for the Muso Logo speakers or something different from B&W, Revolver or Dynaudio with it ?
Many regards

Juzzie Wuzzie

[quote user="kungula"]thanks Andy for your help. It seems to be perfect for my office at home.
Would you go for the Muso Logo speakers or something different from B&W, Revolver or Dynaudio with it ?
Many regards[/quote]

... or two satellites and the sub from the Jamo HCS5 speaker package?

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
what about the Pro AC D 2 or the Reponse SC1 with the solo?
Or do these speakers need more power to work well?
Many thanks

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="kungula"]what about the Pro AC D 2 or the Reponse SC1 with the solo?
Or do these speakers need more power to work well?
Many thanks[/quote]
And if they do need more power can a power amp be added to the solo 2.1...Just curious as Andy said no upgrade available to 5.1

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Now I have bought the Solo Move 2.1. with the Arcam package Muso & Logo.
It is amazing what sound these small sat speakers in combination with the subwoofer can develop in a medium size room.
I auditioned before I bought to many other systems which are by far more expensive, although not directly comparable as most of them are made for music only. But the Solo Movie gives me the flexibility I wanted to have (HDMI & Coax inputs ) and so far I can only say I like to play my old CDS again.
More to follow soon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts