Arcam rDac Owners

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I've took the plunge and purchased an Arcam rDac, non wireless version, possibe upgrade to wireless at a later date.

My plan is to connect my sony bd760 via coaxil and then feed phonos to denon 2311 amp, as i'm new to the dac side of things can you advise me as if this is the best way to connect items for best quality, also at a later date I will get my laptop involved via usb and itunes.

Also if I wanted to up the stakes on the audio side of things is it best the aquire an intergrated or a power amp and connect to pre outs on av amp, many thanks in advance.

Once I get the rDac and run it in a review to follow.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Well that'll work but will only give you stereo. Why not just plug the BD player direct into the amp via HDMI and get full HD surround sound?

And yes, for stereo, a dedicated stereo amp will be better. My BDPS370 plugs into my Yamaha AV amp via HDMI but I tested the Optical out into an rDAC into my Naim stereo amp and it blew me away. The quality of almost indistinguishable from the all Naim CD/ amp combo.

But for home cinema the route you suggest seems a waste of a Blu Ray player's sound capabilities.

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
roger06 said:
Well that'll work but will only give you stereo. Why not just plug the BD player direct into the amp via HDMI and get full HD surround sound?

And yes, for stereo, a dedicated stereo amp will be better. My BDPS370 plugs into my Yamaha AV amp via HDMI but I tested the Optical out into an rDAC into my Naim stereo amp and it blew me away. The quality of almost indistinguishable from the all Naim CD/ amp combo.

But for home cinema the route you suggest seems a waste of a Blu Ray player's sound capabilities.

Hi, I have the sony connected directly into the amp via hdmi as you suggested and it is fab, it was just on the analogue side of things I was unsure of,

As you suggested a dedicated amp for music side of things is something I will consider for the future, funds permitting, but was just curious if a power amp would be as capable as an intergrated option ??????

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Ah OK, that makes sense.

Yes, connect up as you've stated. If the amp has a 'pure direct' or equivalent then use that, as it'll cut out unnecessary circuitry.

The rDAC needs a LOT of runnning in – 70 to 100 hours. Also, it has a cheap and nasty mains plug and so one of these is a good cheap upgrade.

What interconnects will you be using from the DAC to the amp?

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
roger06 said:
Ah OK, that makes sense.

Yes, connect up as you've stated. If the amp has a 'pure direct' or equivalent then use that, as it'll cut out unnecessary circuitry.

The rDAC needs a LOT of runnning in – 70 to 100 hours. Also, it has a cheap and nasty mains plug and so one of these is a good cheap upgrade.

What interconnects will you be using from the DAC to the amp?

Hi, wow that much run in time.

Yeah I was planning to use the pure direct mode on the AV amp which even at the moment has a cleaner sound and presentation.

I have apair of Nordost black knight interconnect, which i'd imagine should suffice.

Might have a punt on the mains item at a later stage to, thanks for linky, should a bog standard usb a-b cable suffice or are gains made by a decent upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts