ARCAM rDAC connectivity

edko

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I've been to many auditions in half a dozen shops trying NAD, Rega, Marantz offers for CD players and Amp and finally I felt in love with the ARCAM rDAC with the Rega Brio3 so I bought those gears with a couple of Monitor Audio BX2.

At the shop, the bit stream was coming from a NAD 315Bee connected with digital Coaxial to the rDAC but it cost 400 $CAN and I'm wondering if I can buy a very cheap CD player instead and have the same sound ?

I heard about "jitter" issues so I'm wondering what cheap but good CD player to buy (or should I need at least the 315Bee)

I'm also wondering for the PC connection if any USB cable is the same or do we need a special one ?

Cheers,

A

Anonymous

I have just bought an rdac today so been looking into exactly the same issue. The whole issue of whether the transport makes a difference seems to be something of a moot point. Some seem to argue that any transport will do so you may as well attach the cheapest cd/DVD player you can find. If you do buy into the idea that it makes any difference then the recommendation I received (from a company that specializes in audio upgrades) w was that the marantz cd63 had an excellent transport and is cheaply/easily available on eBay. I am using my marantz cd6003 as a transport. Only been playing it at home for a couple of hours and it is a clear improvement on the marantz being used in isolation, plus all the other obvious connectivity /wireless benefits. There are also companies who upgrade rdacs internally and apparently a change of power supply offers another cheap upgrade path. Ian

ReValveiT

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Considering even higher end CD players use the same transports as £15 PC DVD writers, I'd say, it doesn't matter.

We are talking 30 year old tech here. If a given CD transport can't extract digital data properly by now, there's something very, very wrong.

Just get one with the features you want / need and have done.

A

Anonymous

Hi revalve - could you give some examples where hi end cd/cheap DVDs use the same transport? I'm asking out of interest rather than challenging what you are saying

edko

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
So a Toshiba DVD Player SD3300 (30$) will perform has good as the NAD 315Bee (400$) while connected to the rDAC with the digital coaxial wire ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts