Arcam MiniBlink connection problem

nathandb

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

My name is Nathan. I'm back on the forum hoping to get some help. As the title says, i'm having connection issues with my Arcam MiniBlink. As of this moment, i'm already on my fourth MiniBlink.

The problem i'm having is as follows.

I can connect to the miniblink with my macbook or iphone without a problem. I just push the pairing button and within seconds i'm connected. But i can't seem to get a stable connection within a reasonable distance (about 5-6 meters). When i'm moving around a bit the music starts to "skip beats". Sometimes i completely disconnect. I tested everything within an open living room even on different locations with apple and non apple products. Always the same problem. I even turned off wifi routers. Nothing works. The strangest thing is, the last miniblink i got (the fourth one!) was send from tech support at Arcam. They personally tested this one and they confirmed to me it worked with an iphone up to 20 meters! When i just turn the corner in my living room i disconnect completely, again within a 5 meter radius. I just can't figure out how this is possible. I've never had problems connecting to my friends bluetooth speakers (e.g. bose soundlink mini, ue megaboom). All i want is a stable connection within decent distance.

So i turn to this forum for help. The tech support told me they've already sold 6000 units without problems and the product does get a lot of great reviews.

Any info is welcome!

Regards, Nathan

Peter35

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have just bought one of these and can't stop it 'skipping', (only 2 or 3 times in a song) even when right next to the phone. My Sony Soundbox doesn't do that.

I had such high hopes for the MiniBlink and assumed, at the price, it would not have such difficulties.

TRENDING THREADS