Arcam irDAC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
ReValveiT said:
smbmetal said:
Xanderzdad said:
My thoughts too. The list of compatible USB DAC / speakers on the synology website is out of date and quite sparce so it would be a gamble. If I get a chance to do a home demo test I'll report back.

I'm hoping to get a serious bump in sound quality compared to my SB Touch but I've been disappointed before!

I would be very interested to see if there was a £400 worth of improvement to the SB Touch, as £400 buys quite a lot of music :)

I would be frankly shocked if it sounded *as good* as the SB Touch... If the terrible sounding rDac is anything to go by.

The Touch is VERY difficult to beat sound-wise, speaking from LOTS of experience.

Agree about the qualities of the SBT, I run mine direct into my amp.

However, totally disagree about the rDAc sounding "terrible". I run a PC via optical and a laptop via the kw dongle into my rDAC and the results are excellent.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
ReValveiT said:
smbmetal said:
Xanderzdad said:
My thoughts too. The list of compatible USB DAC / speakers on the synology website is out of date and quite sparce so it would be a gamble. If I get a chance to do a home demo test I'll report back.

I'm hoping to get a serious bump in sound quality compared to my SB Touch but I've been disappointed before!

I would be very interested to see if there was a £400 worth of improvement to the SB Touch, as £400 buys quite a lot of music :)

I would be frankly shocked if it sounded *as good* as the SB Touch... If the terrible sounding rDac is anything to go by.

The Touch is VERY difficult to beat sound-wise, speaking from LOTS of experience.

Have you found any improvement to the SB Touch sound by using the Touch Toolbox 3.0 software mods?

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
ReValveiT said:

I wouldn't go as far and say it sounds terrible but the original rdac wasn't my favourite either. Not my kind of sound at all.

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
ReValveiT said:
smbmetal said:
Xanderzdad said:

That's not the first time I've read that. The SBT is the single best piece of Hi-Fi equipment I have ever purchased a superb product! I never thought I'd see myself storing away my CD collection.

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
+1 for the SBT. Tried a MDAC and no significant improvement - certainly not £600 worth. Ethernet over Wifi a much cheaper improvement to my ears. However I'm very happy with the rPac and enjoy the arcam sound via headphones.

cassper

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Why did I read this read :wall: I was about to pull the plug on Arcam irDac and wanted to see some opinions. I want to replace CA Dacmagic fed from SBT, but it never occured to me to try SBT directly into the amp, without the Dacmagic. Do you reckon SBT will hold its ground when connected directly? I have read a couple of times that SBT has a decent analog output on its own, but never thought it could be as good as a standalone DAC. Will try it today as soon as I come back home, I own 2 SBTs and they are little marvels, absolutely fantastic devices.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts