Arcam DV135 just outputing pink screen HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
I just got a Arcam DV135, but can't get any video out other than a pink screen when piped to my Onkyo 875 (HMDI). But if I plug it in to my TV, it goes pink for a second then works fine. The only problem is, I've gotten this DVD player for its Music performance and it really needs to go through the amp to get the video performance. I hope someone can help

Gary

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi Gerrardasnails

I could do this but I think the scaler on my amp to far better and would like to use that to output a 1080p signal to the TV. I demo'd the DV135 with the 875 and all worked fine in the shop the only difference I can see is the firmware on the DV135. If you or any one else know better please tell me, or if you know of a better DVD / CD player I'd love to know, I got the DV135 as I wanted a good cd play and DVD player with a good standard picture (ie no processing) to pass to my amp I know the DV135 sends to progressive image but I thought I could live with that.

Thanks

Gary

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Gary233932:Hi Gerrardasnails

I could do this but I think the scaler on my amp to far better and would like to use that to output a 1080p signal to the TV. I demo'd the DV135 with the 875 and all worked fine in the shop the only difference I can see is the firmware on the DV135. If you or any one else know better please tell me, or if you know of a better DVD / CD player I'd love to know, I got the DV135 as I wanted a good cd play and DVD player with a good standard picture (ie no processing) to pass to my amp I know the DV135 sends to progressive image but I thought I could live with that.

Thanks

Gary

I really don't know what the problem could be. It sounds like something really simple.

I had the FMJ DV27a before my BD player (it was fantastic with cd's and component so could be upscaled). You can get these for around £300 and they play dvd audio as well. It's a higher rated machine for cds than the 135.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Gary233932:Hi Gerrardasnails

What are you using for cd's now

I rarely play cds now as I've ripped most of them to my pc. I send lossless files wirelessly using a Linksys Media Center extender to my DacMagic and then into my amp. When I do spin a disc, I have my BD player connected to the DM and it sounds great.

A

Anonymous

The Pink Screen issue seems endemic to me.... I just bought 3 LCD TVs (2 different name brands) and 3 DVD players (2 different brands) to equip a rental house. After a whole day connecting them using 3 sets of GRB component cables I found every combination of DVD and TV gave me a pink screen!! And yes, the Red went to Red, the Gr went to Gr and Bl went to Bl. All displayed perfectly when I went out and bought 3 S-Video cables. What on earth is going on???

if...

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi all - I posted a similar messgae on another site - had exactly the same issue with my 135 and 875. Contacted noth onkyo and arcam with no successful answer, though chap at arcam did say he was aware of the problem and was looking into it. Indeed, I have no problem with my Tosh XE1 or Sony BDP350 going through the 875. I have also heard that 135s with older firmware work fine.

Please nag arcam as well to see if any progress has been made!

Thanks!!!

Gary233932

Jun 15, 2007
Visit site
Hi All

The 135 with the older firmware do work fine I now have the demo unit from Superfi in Leeds and it works fine, I was meant to take it back for a replacement unit but no one contacted me and I've been busy at work and forgot to done any thing, but I really like the picture and sound quality the only think I hate about the Arcam is the layout of the remote thanks Gary

TRENDING THREADS