Arcam Diva P85 power amp

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'm watching this on Ebay as well as a Arcam Diva85 power-amp. Would this power amp suit my Arcam alpha 9 integrated amp or should i try and aim for a Arcam 9p or 10p?

Thanks for info

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The 63 ose is the first cheap-ish cdp that recived a raving reviews from all magazine. I had one and it's smooth and not offend in any way. The 2nd hand price is around £50 - £65 with remote and box.
The KI version however is a lot better as it has great timing and hold value very well....expect to pay around £150 - £170 for a clean model with certificate, remote and box. Keep it for 2 years and you can get every penny back if you look after it well.
The weakest thing on the player is a pair of analog connectors at the back can become loose from the inside but it's an easy fix....2 mins job with soldering iron.

Arcam alpha 9 can be better for the price (2nd hand, £190 -£250) by newer amp like Cambridge audio so I wouldn't buy it. The Diva (I never heard one) however a lot more thought after.

I hope this help

Thaibloke

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]

The 63 ose is the first cheap-ish cdp that recived a raving reviews from all magazine. I had one and it's smooth and not offend in any way. The 2nd hand price is around £50 - £65 with remote and box.
The KI version however is a lot better as it has great timing and hold value very well....expect to pay around £150 - £170 for a clean model with certificate, remote and box. Keep it for 2 years and you can get every penny back if you look after it well.
The weakest thing on the player is a pair of analog connectors at the back can become loose from the inside but it's an easy fix....2 mins job with soldering iron.

Arcam alpha 9 can be better for the price (2nd hand, £190 -£250) by newer amp like Cambridge audio so I wouldn't buy it. The Diva (I never heard one) however a lot more thought after.

I hope this help

Thaibloke

[/quote]

Thanks for the info...

I have already purchased the Arcam Alpha 9 integrated amp and i'm very please with it. You would have to drag me away kicking and screaming from Arcam - I have never been able to fault them.

In regards to the power amp - The Diva 85p looks to be a good item, i'm just tryiong to get some comparisions for it against the likes of the Alpha 9P and 10P power amps - Im sure someone will be along later to provide some more info.

In regards to the CD player, i think i'm going to stick with Arcam and go for a 7SE or a CD72 (if i can find one at a sensible price).

Ta

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I have a P85 biamped with an A85 and it sounds delicious. If I were you I would get the P85 now and then keep your eyes out for an A85 to match with it. You can then sell the 9 to recoup some of the money.

TRENDING THREADS