Arcam DAC pt2.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi.

Just reveicved my new arcam dac, and straight out of the box, plugged into my sonos the sound is a great inprovement,not only music, but the radio sounds so much better.(since i've had the sonos i only listen too internet radio)I hope this is a help too anyone thinking of bying one.

Paul

brendonw

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I got mine last week.

Good improvement in sound. Better seperation of instruments. More detail.

I'd say accoustic/female vocalist type music gets the biggest improvements.

Heavy Rock/Metal is a little restrained.

This is plugged into my ZP90 and fed to the Leema amp. Using Apple lossless ripped files.

A

Anonymous

Hi. Your right brendonw,the seperation is very notable.I use a QED co-axial lead,but i have noticed a better sound on all files.

Paul.

scene

I might to have to add an rDac to my wish list.

Only thing is, at the moment, my zp90 is plumbed in via digital to my avr250, so using it's DAC. Would an rDac really make that much difference in my case I wonder?

brendonw

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm using the coax connection too after some postings about using the optical connection. I doubt if I would be able to tell the difference tho.

Scene - I had an AVR300 which I was using for both stero and AV duties but went down the road of seperate stereo amp so couldnt tell you if the rDAC will make a difference in your case.

I'd certainly go down the route of try before you buy. I've got 1 week left out of 2 to decide if I want to keep it or not.

scene

brendonw:
Yeah I'm using the coax connection too after some postings about using the optical connection. I doubt if I would be able to tell the difference tho.

Scene - I had an AVR300 which I was using for both stero and AV duties but went down the road of seperate stereo amp so couldnt tell you if the rDAC will make a difference in your case.

I'd certainly go down the route of try before you buy. I've got 1 week left out of 2 to decide if I want to keep it or not.

Thanks for that brendonw - I look forward to seeing an update when you make your decision.

brendonw

May 24, 2010
Visit site
One thing I did notice with source files - although this probably blindingly obvious.

192Kb AACs or MP3s just don't cut it quality wise and the DAC showed this up even further than when the Sonos was connected to the Leema.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
scene:brendonw:

Thanks for that brendonw - I look forward to seeing an update when you make your decision.

Me too, I won't be able to borrow it if he takes it back!

brendonw

May 24, 2010
Visit site
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts