A

Anonymous

yeah i know something about em as i own one ;) its an incredible machine for the money and secondhand is even better value. i used to own a CA 640C v2 but was not all that happy with it despite everyone else raving about it. I took a punt and picked up the Arcam CD72 s/h on ebay for bout 160GBP. never looked back since - it trounced the CA 640C v2 which was then promptly dumped on ebay and got me back more than i payed for the arcam :)
a bit of research shows the CD72 won CDP of the year in 2001 from WHF - new cost back then was 450GBP so again s/h they are great value for money

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="bluetorric"]Also has a Burr Brown DAC which is very good.[/quote]

But so do lots of CD players, and more recent versions than in the CD72T. The manufacturer of the DAC in a player is no guarantee of quality.

A

Anonymous

So your saying that the CD72 is rubbish then Andrew, well I owned one for 4 years and was very satisfied with it,

I can only speak of my own experience IMO its a very good player.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, not at all, and I am sure you were very happy with it - rather I am making the point that just having Burr-Brown conversion is no guarantee of quality. B-B makes lots of converters at a wide range of levels, and there's a lot that can happen in a design twixt converter output and the analogue out sockets

A

Anonymous

Yes, I concur, but I'm sure that Arcam would not have any DAC converter which was below par in their player........

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="bluetorric"]
Yes, I concur, but I'm sure that Arcam would not have any DAC converter which was below par in their player........[/quote]

Of course not

John Duncan

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="bluetorric"]
Yes, I concur, but I'm sure that Arcam would not have any DAC converter which was below par in their player........[/quote]

Of course not
[/quote]

Nicely put. In support of Andrew's argument, an iPod has a Wolfson DAC in it, which doesn't necessarily make it a CD192.

A

Anonymous

blue mate are you looking for an arguement? to the OP did you manage to snatch that one on ebay? i was watching the same one i think - went for just over 100GBP which is an absolute steal if you ask me. i am still very much in love with my CD72T.

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit"]blue mate are you looking for an arguement? to the OP did you manage to snatch that one on ebay? i was watching the same one i think - went for just over 100GBP which is an absolute steal if you ask me. i am still very much in love with my CD72T.[/quote]

Sorry i didn't mean to start an argument! lol but thanks for the opinions everyone

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts