Arcam CD 73 fault, no sound from analogue out, ok from digital out

brianmcr

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
Problem with my CD73, no sound from the analogue out, is ok from the digital out connected to my AVR300. Connected my Ipod to the CD analogue in on my AVR300 to make sure it was the CD73. It take the fault is on the DAC side of things????? Had a look inside and noticed white deposit lying around X401 (not sure what this is) on the PCB. Any ideas what the fault could be?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not sure what X401 is, short of tryng to find a service manual, but it definitely sounds like a repair job. Or you just leave it connected digitally to the AVR300, which should be perfectly respectable.

brianmcr

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
Andrew, would you be able to find out what component this is, I work as an electrical/mechanical maint tech for a semiconductor company, so I could try replacing this component.
Is there an upgrade to the CD73 DAC section I could fit to do away with the DAC section on the CD73 board???

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Wo' 'e said.

Mind you, no guarantee that this is the only thing that's gone 'phut', and no guarantee replacing this component will restore the analogue output.

John Duncan

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Wo' 'e said.

Mind you, no guarantee that this is the only thing that's gone 'phut', and no guarantee replacing this component will restore the analogue output.
[/quote]

Indeed, I wouldn't dare try to fix it, personally. Mail Arcam support.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts