Arcam Alpha Help

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i've just been given a Arcam Alpha One CDP which has developed a fault and need some advice. One you put a cd into the player you get a low whirring noise for a few seconds and then the word 'disc' comes up on the display. As a result of this fault no discs at all will play on the player. So am i best to repair the player or sell it as spares. Would this be a fault that i could fix myself or have to send away. Any help would be great, Thanks.

The main problem with old CDPs is the laser can weaken, and this happened with my Rotel, although it played intermittently. It may be worth getting a CD cleaner. The alternative is it could need a good clean, especially if hasn't been used for long periods prior to your ownership.

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The last owner did saw that it has been sitting under his bed for 9 Months and was quiet dusty so hopefully it just needs a good clean. It's in mint condition and has the remote so i would like to try and keep it. I did read somewhere that the grease drys out on the arm so i think a trip to the shop for a lense cleaner and some graese is needed. If i can't repair it i'm currently bidding on another Alpha One which im highest bidder so far.

Gareth82

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I've manage to bring my Arcam back to life. I opend it up this afternoon and cleaned out the inside and the lazer and so far, so good it's been working fine. Thanks for the tip Plastic Penguin, it seemed to work. Thanks
smile.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts